Dr. Viji Thomas practices Pain Medicine in Clinton Township, MI. He is board certified in Pain Medicine and Anesthesiology. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Thomas serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
American Board of Anesthesiology
Pain Medicine (Anesthesiology)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Wayne State University, 2004
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Wayne State University (Pain Management)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, education, patient care, passion for the field and research.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling, Non-Profit Organization, Church
Favorite professional publications
- All major pain management research and publications
- Crittenton Hospital Medical Center ( Rochester, MI )
- Henry Ford Hospital, Clinton Township
Dr. Viji V. Thomas MD's Practice location
Clinton Township, MI 48038Get Direction
Sterling Heights, MI 48310Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Viji V. Thomas MD | Pain Management Specialist | Pain Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Viji V. Thomas MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Does Smoking Cause Acid Reflux?
In 2013, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported that the average smoker smokes 10-19 cigarettes a day, and about 17.8% of the population were active smokers. The first studies linking smoking to gastroesophageal reflux, or acid reflux, discovered that symptoms began...
- Does Blood In Urine Mean There Are Cysts In My Kidneys?
In the normal course, blood has no place in the urine. But Hematuria or blood in the urine is a clear indication that we are confronting a larger problem somewhere in the urinary or genital systems. It could indicate the presence of a renal cyst, although a cyst is by no means the only contributing...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Sharon D. Minott M.D.2300 Haggerty Road West Bloomfield Michigan 48323
- Dr. Anand Thakur MD15945 19 Mile Rd Charter Twp of Clinton MI 48038
- Dr. Ala Alosman M.D.6245 Inkster Rd Garden City MI 48135
- Asraf I. Khan2345 Dover Street Rochester Hills Michigan 48309
- Dr. Timothy J Schmale MD3601 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073
- Dr. Craig T Hartrick MD3601 W 13 Mile Rd Royal Oak MI 48073