I am a certified pediatric emergency physician, holding a double american boards, Pediatrics and pediatric emergency medicine. My areas of interest are patient / family health education and preventive medicine, in addition to the management of fever with out a source and head injuries in children. Also, the new area that I have been attracted to spend some time and effort on is the management of anxiety with non-pharmacologicla means.
Education and Training
University of Damascus Medical School
Univ of Damascus, Fac of Med, Damascus, Syria 1985
American Board of Pediatrics - Pediatrics
Pediatric Emergency Medicine
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Tameem Shoukih M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Assuring parents and the good history and exam are the key. What I can tell that we are not certain yet that the baby has constipation requiring intervention. However, some time I recommend Vaseline around the anal opening specially before the BM. and half of an infant glycerin suppository: once or twice in 12 hours is an option when the baby is struggling. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Assistant Professor in Pediatrics, University of Iowa -
- Univ Of Tn Coll Of Med, Pediatric Emergency Medicine-Pediatrics; Henry Ford Hosp, Pediatrics
- Henry Ford Hospital
- University of Tennessee
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
Patience, Persistence, Perseverance
Hobbies / Sports
- Soccer, History
Dr. Tameem Shoukih M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, Iowa 50309Get Direction
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. Tameem Shoukih M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Raising a Child with ADHD
Every parent wants their kids to be as healthy as they can. However, that is not always so easy.ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is a worry on many parents' minds. Raising a child with ADHD takes extra care. However, there are many ways to still be a great parent to ensure your...
- What is Genital Herpes? Get the Facts
What is Genital Herpes? How can one identify it? What are its symptoms? Can it be treated? And if it can be treated, then how? And if not, what does one have to do? Is getting genital herpes the end of life. And since prevention is better than cure, we will also look at the ways through which you...
- Newborn Jaundice Prognosis and Home Remedies
Jaundice is a condition that causes yellowing of the skin and certain parts of the eyes. Your child will be checked for jaundice three days after being born. Nevertheless, you should watch out for any signs of the disorder after your go back home since it can take up to seven days to become...
- Complications of Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency
IntroductionGlucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency is an inherited condition in which the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase is not produced enough by the body. This enzyme is needed to help the red blood cells (RBCs) of the body to function normally.If there is a lack of this...
- Which Conditions Are Linked with Mesenteric Adenitis?
Mesenteric adenitis, also called as mesenteric lymphadenitis, is a condition that causes swelling and inflammation in the abdominal lymph nodes. This condition usually affects children and adolescents.Lymph nodes are small glands that are part of the lymphatic system. They contain a type of white...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- Dr. Lisa J Menzies MD1212 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Nathan Earl Boonstra MD1212 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Cody Marie Silker-wilhite D.O.1200 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Marianka Overschie Pille M.D.1200 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Peter T Hetherington DO1212 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Amy E. Shriver MD1212 Pleasant St. Des Moines IA 50309