Ismael Roque-Velasco, MD, is a leading internist currently serving patients as President and CEO at OpusCare in Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Throughout his twenty-five years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in palliative and hospice care, managed care, and post-acute care. After earning his medical degree in 1989 at the University of Mlaga, MD, Dr. Roque-Velasco completed his MBA degree at the University of Miami in 1995. He is Board Certified by the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Healthcare Executives, American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Author of the bestselling book Cuba for Kids
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion for healthcare becomes your passion for the field.
Ish Roque-Velasco's Practice location
SAN ANTONIO, TX 78205Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Ish Roque-Velasco | Internist | Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Ish Roque-Velasco's reviewsWrite Review
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy
To start you off, an appendectomy is a procedure to remove the appendix. if it is inflamed or if it ruptures. The appendix is a small, almost cylindrical organ that is attached to the large intestines. When the appendix becomes inflamed, it has to be removed immediately and this is usually done...
- Anemia: Learning More About The Unfortunates
Anemia is a medical condition in which the count of red blood cells in the blood is lower than the normal number. This can occur due to many reasons such as deficiency of some vitamin, iron or it can also be hereditary. It is one of the most common disorders of blood and there are reports suggesting...
- Alternative Treatments for Strep Throat
Strep throat is contagious and is serious infection usually caused by streptococcal bacteria. Strep throat causes inflammation or swelling of the tonsils and the mucous membranes, which line the back of your throat. This complication is very common in children and less common in adults.The common...
- Red Lobster: Nutrition and Healthy Options
Red Lobster's storyIt is often said in the business world, one good idea can change it all. This is the case with Red Lobster in terms of casual dining business. Red Lobster, an American chain of restaurants, maintains decades of long tradition of serving quality seafood and fresh fish.It all began...
- How Sex Ed Can Prevent Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that affects people as young as 12. It is a common disease that is mostly transmitted through sexual intercourse, although other forms of direct contact can also lead to transmission. Despite genital herpes being common, more than half of...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Juan A Bereao MD8352 Sw 8th St Miami FL 33144
- Dr. Steven P Kanner M.D.3700 Washington St Hollywood FL 33021
- Dr. Afshan Hafiz ahmed MD2340 S Highland Ave Lombard IL 60148
- Dr. Ilana Mara Newman M.D.1400 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Renuka Siddharthan MD2500 Nw 22nd Ave Miami FL 33142
- Dr. Tatyana Goldin D.O5430 Nw 33rd Ave Fort Lauderdale FL 33309