Dr. Allison White is a top dental provider in Northeastern Connecticut. Dr. White specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Her focus is on complete health dentistry; how dentistry is connected to overall well-being. Dr. White has had extensive training in Invisalign clear orthodictics, CEREC one-day crowns, Implants, cosmetic dentistry, snoring and TMJ therapy, tooth whitening, and much more. Dr. White provides metal-free and BPA-free tooth colored restorations for optimal esthetics and patient safety. We have chosen Dr. White as a "TopDoc Leading Physicians of the World" becuase she is a warm personable dentist who provides modern gold-standard dental care.
Education and Training
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Biology 2004
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill D.D.S. 2008
Dr. Allison K. White D.M.D.'s Expert Contributions
If anyone of any age is complaining of a tooth ache it should be evaluated by a dentist. Baby teeth can get infections too! READ MORE
Early Childhood Caries (ECC) can happen even with good oral hygiene. Most of the time the permanent teeth will come in nice and healthy. Be sure your son is getting optimal fluoride to strengthen developing adult teeth READ MORE
No studies show iron to cause staining. Some antibiotics (tetracycline) can cause permanent tooth stain. Have you tried whitening? READ MORE
Hello, Thank you for sending in your question. First of all, congratulations on the first step of caring enough about your dental health to inquire about your chipping teeth. Chipped teeth can have many different sources and it varies person to person. Some people are very hard on their teeth and grind during the night while they are dreaming. Other people have large fillings that weaken the tooth, this is why crowns (caps) are placed: to prevent teeth from breaking. I would have a dentist do a comprehensive evaluation for you so we can ensure no more teeth chip or break! We welcome new patients if you are in our area. Hope this helps! Allison Karen White, DMD READ MORE
- Invisalign Preferred Provider2017Align Technology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Implant Restorations
- Family Dentistry
- General Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- American Association of Women Dentists
- Professional MemberAcademy of General Dentistry
- Professional Member North Carolina Dental Society
- Professional MemberAmerican Dental Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Yankee Dental Conference - Public Health
- Rosie's Place Homeless Shelter for Women & Children
- Killingly Public School System - elementary
- Breast Cancer Society
- Mendel Society
- Boston University School of Public Health & Medical Sciences
Professional Society Memberships
- Academy of General Dentistry, American Association of Women Dentists, American Dental Association, Massachusetts Dental Society
Articles and Publications
- Published a thesis titled The Effect of Dairy Products On Dental Caries
What do you attribute your success to?
- To her wonderful mentors, including her father who is a dentist as well as now her partner at the practice, and to the great professors she had at Boston University.
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking with her husband and two Golden Retrievers, Playing tennis, Spending time with family and friends
Dr. Allison K. White D.M.D.'s Practice location
NEWTON, MA 02459 Get Direction
Asheville, NC 28805 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Allison K. White D.M.D. | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Allison K. White D.M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. White
Such a wonderful experience all around at Killingly Dental Care!
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- Is There a Link Between Gum Disease and Breast Cancer?
Being on top of oral health is important. This is not new information. From childhood, people are taught that brushing at least twice a day and flossing every day is essential.It is also well known now that smoking is a risk factor for cancer. However, what may not be common knowledge is the...
- Gingivitis: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
Gingivitis, or periodontal disease, is known as the inflammation of the gums. The most common cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene and poor dental care. This will lead to a formation of plaque. Plaque is a sticky film composed mainly of bacteria, which is also invisible. The bacteria forms on...
- Osteoporosis and Oral Health
What is Osteoporosis?Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones all over the body. It is a medical condition characterized by a weakness of the bones, due to different factors, leading to fractures of the bones due to minor trauma or no trauma at all. Major causes of osteoporosis are age,...
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Gum Disease May Appear in Young Adults
According to a study conducted by the researchers from dentistry school of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, gum disease may start earlier than expected. Young adults should take better care of their oral health, as it may lead to many health problems. The study shows that gum disease...
- Michael Daniel Crawford, Jr. 1185 Main St Willimantic CT 06042
- Dr. Tammy J. Clifford DDS 445 Putnam Pike Greenville Rhode Island 03828
- Dr. Norman G. Katzoff DMD 87 Slater Ave Jewett City CT 06351
- Dr. Mark Louis Longobardi DMD 169 Valley St Willimantic CT 06226
- Gregory M Gazzola DMD 37c Kennedy Dr Putnam CT 06260
- Dr. Valerie Joan Alessandro D.D.S. 6 Storrs Rd Willimantic CT 06226