Dr. Allison K. White, DMD
Dentist1040 N Main St Dayville Connecticut, 06241
Dr. Allison White is a top dental provider in Northeastern Connecticut. Dr. White specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Her focus is on complete health dentistry; how dentistry is connected to overall well-being. Dr. White has had extensive training in Invisalign clear orthodictics, CEREC one-day crowns, Implants, cosmetic dentistry, snoring and TMJ therapy, tooth whitening, and much more. Dr. White provides metal-free and BPA-free tooth colored restorations for optimal esthetics and patient safety. We have chosen Dr. White as a "TopDoc Leading Physicians of the World" becuase she is a warm personable dentist who provides modern gold-standard dental care.
Education and Training
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Biology 2004
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill D.D.S. 2008
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's Expert Contributions
If anyone of any age is complaining of a tooth ache it should be evaluated by a dentist. Baby teeth can get infections too! READ MORE
Early Childhood Caries (ECC) can happen even with good oral hygiene. Most of the time the permanent teeth will come in nice and healthy. Be sure your son is getting optimal fluoride to strengthen developing adult teeth READ MORE
No studies show iron to cause staining. Some antibiotics (tetracycline) can cause permanent tooth stain. Have you tried whitening? READ MORE
Hello, Thank you for sending in your question. First of all, congratulations on the first step of caring enough about your dental health to inquire about your chipping teeth. Chipped teeth can have many different sources and it varies person to person. Some people are very hard on their teeth and grind during the night while they are dreaming. Other people have large fillings that weaken the tooth, this is why crowns (caps) are placed: to prevent teeth from breaking. I would have a dentist do a comprehensive evaluation for you so we can ensure no more teeth chip or break! We welcome new patients if you are in our area. Hope this helps! Allison Karen White, DMD READ MORE
- Invisalign Preferred Provider 2017 Align Technology
- General Dentistry
- Family Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide
- Dental Implant Restorations
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- American Association of Women Dentists
- Professional Member Academy of General Dentistry
- Professional Member North Carolina Dental Society
- Professional Member American Dental Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Yankee Dental Conference - Public Health
- Rosie's Place Homeless Shelter for Women & Children
- Killingly Public School System - elementary
- Breast Cancer Society
- Mendel Society
- Boston University School of Public Health & Medical Sciences
Professional Society Memberships
- Academy of General Dentistry, American Association of Women Dentists, American Dental Association, Massachusetts Dental Society
Articles and Publications
- Published a thesis titled The Effect of Dairy Products On Dental Caries
What do you attribute your success to?
- To her wonderful mentors, including her father who is a dentist as well as now her partner at the practice, and to the great professors she had at Boston University.
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking with her husband and two Golden Retrievers, Playing tennis, Spending time with family and friends
Areas of researchThesis Published 2010 "The Effect of Dairy Products on Dental Caries" Published under maiden name Allison Sheffield
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's Practice location
NEWTON, MA 02459Get Direction
Asheville, NC 28805Get Direction
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. White
Such a wonderful experience all around at Killingly Dental Care!
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- What are Canker Sores?
Canker sores are small, painful ulcers that develop in the lining of the mouth. These are one of the most common mouth ulcers, and the sores make eating difficult. Studies show that about 20% of the population suffer from these painful sores. Canker sores are classified into simple and complex...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- New Herbal Patch May Help to Heal Canker Sores Faster
According to a new study presented at the 85th general session of the International Association for Dental Research, a novel over-the-counter patch containing licorice extract may help in the quick healing of canker sores. In this study 46 participants who had recurrent canker sores were recruited....
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Are Dental Crowns Useful?
What is Dental Crowns?A dental crown, or a tooth crown, is a tooth-shaped sleeve, or cap, made of porcelain or metal, that is placed over the tooth. Crowns are utilized to restore the shape and size of a tooth. When implanted properly, the porcelain caps cover the crown of the tooth that is visible...
- Dr. Norman G. Katzoff DMD87 Slater Ave Jewett City CT 06351
- Dr. Scott B. Klimaj D.M.D.1 Garnett Ln Greenville RI 02828
- Gregory M Gazzola DMD520 RIVERSIDE DRIVE GROSVENORDALE CT 06246
- Dr. Valerie Joan Alessandro D.D.S.6 Storrs Rd Willimantic CT 06226
- Dr. Mark Louis Longobardi DMD169 Valley St Willimantic CT 06226
- Dr. Allen Jay Rubin DMD305 Main St Southbridge MA 01550