Dr. Allison White is a top dental provider in Northeastern Connecticut. Dr. White specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Her focus is on complete health dentistry; how dentistry is connected to overall well-being. Dr. White has had extensive training in Invisalign clear orthodictics, CEREC one-day crowns, Implants, cosmetic dentistry, snoring and TMJ therapy, tooth whitening, and much more. Dr. White provides metal-free and BPA-free tooth colored restorations for optimal esthetics and patient safety. We have chosen Dr. White as a "TopDoc Leading Physicians of the World" becuase she is a warm personable dentist who provides modern gold-standard dental care.
Education and Training
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Biology 2004
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill D.D.S. 2008
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's Expert Contributions
If anyone of any age is complaining of a tooth ache it should be evaluated by a dentist. Baby teeth can get infections too! READ MORE
Early Childhood Caries (ECC) can happen even with good oral hygiene. Most of the time the permanent teeth will come in nice and healthy. Be sure your son is getting optimal fluoride to strengthen developing adult teeth READ MORE
No studies show iron to cause staining. Some antibiotics (tetracycline) can cause permanent tooth stain. Have you tried whitening? READ MORE
Hello, Thank you for sending in your question. First of all, congratulations on the first step of caring enough about your dental health to inquire about your chipping teeth. Chipped teeth can have many different sources and it varies person to person. Some people are very hard on their teeth and grind during the night while they are dreaming. Other people have large fillings that weaken the tooth, this is why crowns (caps) are placed: to prevent teeth from breaking. I would have a dentist do a comprehensive evaluation for you so we can ensure no more teeth chip or break! We welcome new patients if you are in our area. Hope this helps! Allison Karen White, DMD READ MORE
- Invisalign Preferred Provider2017Align Technology
- General Dentistry
- Family Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide
- Dental Implant Restorations
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- American Association of Women Dentists
- Professional MemberAcademy of General Dentistry
- Professional Member North Carolina Dental Society
- Professional MemberAmerican Dental Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Yankee Dental Conference - Public Health
- Rosie's Place Homeless Shelter for Women & Children
- Killingly Public School System - elementary
- Breast Cancer Society
- Mendel Society
- Boston University School of Public Health & Medical Sciences
Professional Society Memberships
- Academy of General Dentistry, American Association of Women Dentists, American Dental Association, Massachusetts Dental Society
Articles and Publications
- Published a thesis titled The Effect of Dairy Products On Dental Caries
What do you attribute your success to?
- To her wonderful mentors, including her father who is a dentist as well as now her partner at the practice, and to the great professors she had at Boston University.
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking with her husband and two Golden Retrievers, Playing tennis, Spending time with family and friends
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's Practice location
NEWTON, MA 02459 Get Direction
Asheville, NC 28805 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Allison K. White, DMD | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. White
Such a wonderful experience all around at Killingly Dental Care!
- 8 Helpful Tips to Protect Tooth Enamel
Enamel, the hard coating on the surface of the teeth, is designed to last long even though wear and tear occurs throughout one's lifetime. “This is the hardest substance in the body," says Leslie Seldin, DDS, a spokesperson for the American Dental Association. There are a number of ways by which...
- Oral Hygiene and Overall Health
Maintaining oral hygiene is very important for overall health; it does far more just keeping a bright smile. Good oral hygiene can reduce the risk of serious conditions like heart diseases, and may also preserve memory as people age. Dental health may affect overall health in six different ways,...
- Floss Your Teeth the Right Way
Alla Wheeler, RDH, MPA, associate professor of the Dental Hygiene Program at the New York University School of Dentistry, says that since the results of flossing are not immediate, most people do not think that the technique actually works.In reality, this is the best technique, as it does...
- Osteoporosis and Oral Health
What is Osteoporosis?Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones all over the body. It is a medical condition characterized by a weakness of the bones, due to different factors, leading to fractures of the bones due to minor trauma or no trauma at all. Major causes of osteoporosis are age,...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Dr. Norman G. Katzoff DMD 87 Slater Ave Jewett City CT 06351
- Dr. Mark Louis Longobardi DMD 169 Valley St Willimantic CT 06226
- Gregory M Gazzola DMD 37c Kennedy Dr Putnam CT 06260
- Dr. Valerie Joan Alessandro D.D.S. 6 Storrs Rd Willimantic CT 06226
- Dr. Scott B. Klimaj D.M.D. 1 Garnett Ln Greenville RI 02828
- Dr. Allen Jay Rubin DMD 305 Main St Southbridge MA 01550