Dr. Allison White is a top dental provider in Northeastern Connecticut. Dr. White specializes in preventing, diagnosing, and treating diseases and conditions associated with the mouth and overall dental health. Her focus is on complete health dentistry; how dentistry is connected to overall well-being. Dr. White has had extensive training in Invisalign clear orthodictics, CEREC one-day crowns, Implants, cosmetic dentistry, snoring and TMJ therapy, tooth whitening, and much more. Dr. White provides metal-free and BPA-free tooth colored restorations for optimal esthetics and patient safety. We have chosen Dr. White as a "TopDoc Leading Physicians of the World" becuase she is a warm personable dentist who provides modern gold-standard dental care.
Education and Training
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Biology 2004
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill D.D.S. 2008
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's Expert Contributions
If anyone of any age is complaining of a tooth ache it should be evaluated by a dentist. Baby teeth can get infections too! READ MORE
Early Childhood Caries (ECC) can happen even with good oral hygiene. Most of the time the permanent teeth will come in nice and healthy. Be sure your son is getting optimal fluoride to strengthen developing adult teeth READ MORE
No studies show iron to cause staining. Some antibiotics (tetracycline) can cause permanent tooth stain. Have you tried whitening? READ MORE
Hello, Thank you for sending in your question. First of all, congratulations on the first step of caring enough about your dental health to inquire about your chipping teeth. Chipped teeth can have many different sources and it varies person to person. Some people are very hard on their teeth and grind during the night while they are dreaming. Other people have large fillings that weaken the tooth, this is why crowns (caps) are placed: to prevent teeth from breaking. I would have a dentist do a comprehensive evaluation for you so we can ensure no more teeth chip or break! We welcome new patients if you are in our area. Hope this helps! Allison Karen White, DMD READ MORE
- Invisalign Preferred Provider 2017 Align Technology
- General Dentistry
- Family Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide
- Dental Implant Restorations
- American Dental Association
- Massachusetts Dental Society
- American Association of Women Dentists
- Professional Member Academy of General Dentistry
- Professional Member North Carolina Dental Society
- Professional Member American Dental Association
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Yankee Dental Conference - Public Health
- Rosie's Place Homeless Shelter for Women & Children
- Killingly Public School System - elementary
- Breast Cancer Society
- Mendel Society
- Boston University School of Public Health & Medical Sciences
Professional Society Memberships
- Academy of General Dentistry, American Association of Women Dentists, American Dental Association, Massachusetts Dental Society
Articles and Publications
- Published a thesis titled The Effect of Dairy Products On Dental Caries
What do you attribute your success to?
- To her wonderful mentors, including her father who is a dentist as well as now her partner at the practice, and to the great professors she had at Boston University.
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking with her husband and two Golden Retrievers, Playing tennis, Spending time with family and friends
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's Practice location
NEWTON, MA 02459Get Direction
Asheville, NC 28805Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Allison K. White, DMD | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Allison K. White, DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. White
Such a wonderful experience all around at Killingly Dental Care!
- Healthy Teeth for a Healthy Life
Studies have shown that infection and inflammation of the oral cavity correlates with other medical conditions, like a heart attack or dementia, and can cause serious health concerns over a period of time. Although the causes and effects between oral health and health conditions are not yet...
- What Is a Cavity?
A cavity is a result of tooth decay, which is a damage that occurs due to poor oral health and dental plaque on the tooth’s surface. Cavities usually start really small and when they are left untreated, they gradually become bigger. Anyone who has teeth, including babies, can develop cavities. For...
- Dental Sealants May Present BPA in Saliva
Dental fillings for children were worrisome because of the presence of mercury in the amalgam. The latest addition to this fear is the chemical Bisphenol-A (BPA) in dental sealants and white fillings. BPA is a resin used in plastics, including water bottles and metal food can liners. Many studies...
- How to Get a White, Bright & Vibrant Smile
It has become easier to remove stains from teeth without having to pay large sums of money. Local pharmacies and drug stores sell teeth whitening kits that are cost effective. Most of these products do not cause any side effects if the individual follows instructions correctly.Tips to remember while...
- Does Everyone Have Wisdom Teeth?
Introduction When a person reaches the ages between 17 to 21, the eruption of wisdom teeth or third molars may take place. However, for some, wisdom teeth do not show up at all. These teeth are called wisdom teeth because they tend to show up at a later and more mature age. When wisdom teeth...
- What Is Myrrh Used For?
What is myrrh?The word myrrh will probably not be a stranger to your ears. If you were raised in the Christian faith, it may be familiar to you since childhood. It was mentioned over 150 times in the Holy Bible. But what is it exactly?Myrrh is a resin or natural gum that is yellow to reddish-brown...
- Dr. Norman G. Katzoff DMD87 Slater Ave Jewett City CT 06351
- Dr. Mark Louis Longobardi DMD169 Valley St Willimantic CT 06226
- Dr. Valerie Joan Alessandro D.D.S.6 Storrs Rd Willimantic CT 06226
- Gregory M Gazzola DMD37c Kennedy Dr Putnam CT 06260
- Dr. Allen Jay Rubin DMD305 Main St Southbridge MA 01550
- Dr. Scott B. Klimaj D.M.D.1 Garnett Ln Greenville RI 02828