PsychologistEast 77th St, New York New York, 10075
I am a NYS licensed psychologist with 25 years of experience in mental health administration and clinical work with children, adults and families. My background has prepared me to provide an array of services that include psychotherapy, clinical supervision, and consultation regarding student and school-community health concerns. The opportunity to accompany people in their journey for deeper self-awareness, growth and emergence from suffering is my greatest honor.
In psychotherapy, I provide a supportive environment in which my clients share experiences, heal emotional wounds, resolve challenges and learn to approach life with more confidence, humor and joy. The process is collaborative and growth-promoting. While treatment duration is need based, some positive change can be expected rapidly. Similarly, my work as a consultant and clinical supervisor is based on genuine partnerships. My theoretical approach is relational, yet integrative. This means that I work closely with individuals and groups to address their concerns by understanding and transforming them within the context of their formative relationships while integrating techniques from an array of evidence-based models to meet their needs.
I have advanced training in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), play therapy, Family-Systems, Humanistic Therapies and Trauma-Informed Care (TIC), Harm Reduction Treatment for addictions, Higher Education Threat Assessment (TA), suicide prevention and postvention. In addition, my background as director of a multi-campus university counseling center, training director, national presenter and my own exploration into global healing practices informs my work.
Education and Training
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology PsyD. MS 2003
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Adjunct Professor Fordham University, Doctoral Program in Clinical Psychology 2009 - 2011
- Board Member Atlas Foundation for Autism 2020 - Present
- Council Member Gerson Lehrman Group 2018 - Present
- President New York State psychological association’s division of school psychology 2016 - 2017
- Departmental Honors in Research as a Henry Rutgers Scholar 1995 Rutgers University
- Phi Beta Kappa 1995 Rutgers University
- Magna Cum Laude 1995 Rutgers University
- Psi Chi National Honors Society 1994 Rutgers University
- Muriel Markus Merit Scholarship 2001 Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology
- Past President, New York State Psychological Association's School Psychology Division
- Board Member, Atlas Foundation for Autism
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Community Supervisor of NYS-based university student counseling centers
Areas of researchIntegrative and Trauma-Informed Treatments of Survivors of Sexual Abuse or Incest, University Counseling Center Best Practices, Interdivisional Approaches for Managing Students who Pose a Threat to Self or Others, Systems-Level Approaches for Safer Schools, School/Campus Climate-Improvement Initiatives, Campus Sexual Assault Protocols, Administrator Training in Warning Signs and Referral Skills, Protocols for Campus Readmit Following a Psychiatric Medical Leave and Fitness to Return Evaluations, A Phenomenological Account of Autism
Jennifer Neuhof's Practice location
Grand View-on-Hudson, NY 10960Get Direction
- What Is Asexual?
What does it mean to be asexual?Asexuality is a label that some people choose to use to define themselves and identify themselves. It pertains to people who experience no or low sexual attraction or desire, regardless of physical capability to do so or of actual sexual activity. Some asexuals do...
- Can You Get Back Pain From Stress?
Sometimes, the pressures of life become too much to handle, and stress becomes the norm. When stress lasts for too long, it becomes a source of many health complications. The effects of stress are only in the mind in most cases. However, extreme cases of stress may affect some parts of the body in...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating is when you feel a strong need to eat large amounts of food at all times without having control over it. Everybody overeats once in a while when having favorite meals or when really hungry. However, when the overeating becomes frequent and gets out of control, it crosses the line from...
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- Why Women Love Literotica
People think about sex, people talk about sex, people like sex – it’s no big secret. However, even in the 21st century, pornography is perceived as a predominantly male interest. Regardless of stereotypes, the fact is that women have the same type of healthy sexual interest like men do. Many...
- Dr. Elizabeth Weiss PH.D PSYCHOLOGIST3640 Johnson Ave # 1Aprof Bronx NY 10463
- Dr. Marie Mercado PSY.D.117 Dobbin St Brooklyn NY 11222
- Dr. Dominick John Riccio PSYCHOLOGIST1036 Park Ave New York NY 10028
- Dr. Mary F. Macedonio PSYCHOLOGIST229-07 64th Ave Flushing New York 11364
- Dr. Aviva Druks PHD134 Middle Neck Rd Great Neck NY 11021
- Vanessa Porto Caskey412 6th Avenue New York New York 10011