Michael G. Hunt, DO, is a leading pediatrician currently serving patients at St. Vincent's Health Partners, Inc. Bridgeport, CT. He is also an Associate Professor of Informatics at St. Louis University. Throughout his twenty-four years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in general pediatrics, chronic disease registries, clinical quality reporting, implementation and operationalization of information systems, health maintenance, and dashboard development. After earning his Doctor of Osteopathy degree in 1991 at the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, now Des Moines University, he completed his internship and residency at William Beaumont Army Medical Center in El Paso, Texas, and his master??s degree in medical informatics in 2012 at Northwestern University. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians, the American Osteopathic Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society.
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center (Pediatrics)
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center (Pediatrics); United States Army
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians, Board of Trustees - American Osteopathic Association, American Academy of Pediatrics, Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society
Articles and Publications
- Clinical Integration - Population Health and Accountable Care: 3rd Edition, Chapter 8. 2015
- Item Writer, National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
- Editor in Chief, Electronic Journal, American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians
What do you attribute your success to?
- His mother who made sure he never stopped improving, and being blessed by God through all of the barriers.
Favorite professional publications
- All Major Pediatrics, Healthcare Public Policy, Healthcare Analtics
Michael G. Hunt's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Michael G. Hunt | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Michael G. Hunt's reviewsWrite Review
- Nosebleeds in Kids
Most nosebleeds in kids often happen near the front of the nose, and usually from just one nostril. Children may also get occasional or frequent nosebleeds. In rare cases, nosebleeds in kids begin at the back of the nose, which often happens in older adults with facial or nasal injuries and...
- Boys and Girls Experience Autism Differently, Study Finds
When it comes to the treatment of autism, researchers are still struggling to fully understand what options are best. In addition to learning how to treat the symptoms of autism, doctors are also still trying to figure out exactly what causes the condition to develop in certain children. While there...
- How Does Chicken Pox Spread?
Chicken pox is an infectious disease which affects mostly children under the age of 15, but it can even affect adults. Given the number of infections per year, it is like a rite of passage for every growing child.Symptoms of chicken pox The symptoms of chicken pox include:...
- Treatments for Jaundice
Treatments are only necessary when the patient has extremely high levels of bilirubin in the blood. Most babies suffering from jaundice don’t require treatments because their blood’s bilirubin levels are often low. Under such conditions, the symptoms often improve with a period of two weeks and...
- Prevention of Croup
Croup is a viral infection that causes swelling of the airway. As a result, the airway becomes narrower, making it difficult to breathe. It is also accompanied by an irritation in the larynx (voice box) and trachea (windpipe). This condition is also known as laryngotracheobronchitis because the...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- Dr. Michael P. Miller M.D.270-05 76th Avenue New Hyde Park New York 11940
- Dr. Jane M. Brotanek MD38B Grove Street Ridgefield Connecticut 06877
- Dr. Dorothy A. Levine MD166 West Broad Street Stanford Connecticut 6902
- Dr. Regina M. Palazzo MD60 Temple Street New Haven Connecticut 6510
- Ranjana Patil501 Kings Hwy East Fairfield Connecticut 6825
- Dr. Howard Jay Sadinsky DO321 Boston Post Rd Milford CT 06460