David Chen L.Ac., SME
Acupuncturist14632 Whittier Boulevard Whittier CA, 90605
David Chen is an acupuncturist practicing in Whittier, CA. Dr. Chen evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Chen treats the patients condition. Many of the body's systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress. Dr. Chen has been practicing since 1978. The goal of our office is to provide the best services and the most affordable cost.
Education and Training
National Defense Medical College Field Surgeon 1968
International Acupuncture College L.Ac., DOM 1974
David Chen L.Ac., SME's Expert Contributions
It is not often, but it's normal for some patients to feel light-headed after acupuncture treatment. But the light-headed should be gone within 8 hours. READ MORE
Acupuncture does help with sweating. Sweating can be caused by different diagnoses, please also ask your practitioner. READ MORE
Basically, it is not safe to combine drinks with incense, but depends on the chemicals or the material that is used for incense. READ MORE
The most common recommendation for acupuncture treatment is twice a week, eight times a month. But it also depends on the condition and the progress of the treatment. In other words, if the patient's condition improves, you can cut it down to once a week or once a month. READ MORE
You did not specify out, did the doctor treat your right leg or not. We assume he did, but you did not feel any discomfort during and after the treatment. Therefore, the symptom you're experiencing, more than likely it's not from the acupuncture therapy that you received. If the treatment is performed by a licensed acupuncturist the chance of creating the symptom of what you're experiencing is extremely rare and more than likely it's impossible. The symptom you're experiencing could be something else. If the symptom persists, please counsel your physician immediately. READ MORE
Acupuncture treatment does increase blood flow, via tonifying the chi. In some other situations, a different method is needed, it all depends on the diagnosis. Therefore, please talk to your practitioner. If you shall have any questions, please feel free to call at (562) 698-3008. READ MORE
The effect of acupuncture treatment will last from 1 hour to 3 days. It all depends on the chief complaint. Therefore, please talk to your acupuncture practitioner. READ MORE
Acupuncture treatment does help male infertility. Because male infertility is caused by a couple different reasons, therefore your best bet is to talk to your acupuncturist. If you shall have any questions, please feel free to call me at (562) 698-3008. READ MORE
Good afternoon, Received. Thank you. Overall speaking, acupuncture treatment can bring the blood pressure down. But there are different causes for hypertension. Therefore, please counsel your family physician before you receive acupuncture treatment. If you shall have any questions please feel free to contact me at (562)698-3008. READ MORE
Acupuncture does help kidney problems, but again there are 4 differentiations in kidney problems. You can also ask your acupuncturist. If you shall have any questions please feel free to contact me at (562) 698-3008. READ MORE
Good morning, happy holiday seasons. Acupuncture session lasted from 1 to 5 days. But, it all depends on chief complaints. David READ MORE
Good morning, The point for toothaches depends on upper or lower molar. The upper molar will be STO. 36 the lower molar will be LI. Talk to your practitioner. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Laser acupuncture is only legal in couple states (i.e., Florida). The laser acupuncture uses cold type of laser, it works for certain kinds of problems. Please also talk to your practitioner. David READ MORE
Good morning, For your question, the answer is yes. But with restrictions, acupuncture is not recommended for the first 2 1/2 months of pregnancy as a general rule. Counsel with your practitioner is highly recommended. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Acupuncture does help knee problems. The best solution is to talk to your acupuncturist to find out the duration and how many treatments for your problem. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, The most common pressure points for stomach problems are IE STO.36, STO.35, LI 10, SP 9. In Chinese medicine, stomach problems have four different diagnoses, different diagnoses use different points. The best for you is counsel your practitioner so you can get the proper point. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, There are a couple different sets of pressure point to relieve shoulder pain. It all depends on the location of the pain and differentiation of the diagnosis. For example, LI 4, LI 10, SI 6, Lung 9, the best solution is to talk to your practitioner. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Regarding your question, it all depends on the problem. Some problems take a longer time, some problems take a shorter time. Most of the situation takes from 3-5 visits. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, ma'am, Regarding your question we need to define what is "too much." The basic guideline for acupressure, you cannot use this technique on people unconscious, the area with open wound, infection, with or without fluid or puss coming out, black and blue, artificial joint and surgical metal that stays in the body. If you don't have all the above, then 2-3x a week for acupressure is fine. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Acupuncture does work for diabetic neuropathy. But if the diabetes also cause infection or lesion in upper lower extremity, then acupuncture is not recommended. Please talk to your practitioner. David READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Resolution 2018 California Assembly
- Outstanding 40 year Service 2017 City of Whittier
- Volunteer Work 2017 World Journal
- Outstanding service as President 2017 United Acupuncture Association
- Outstanding teaching professor for USC residency 2017 USC PIH
- Certificate of recognition for contribution in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine 2017 California Assembly
- Volunteer International Buddhist Progress Society 2016 Hsi Lai Temple
- Patient Choice Winner 2015 Opencare
- Dedication in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine 2010 United States Congress
- Volunteer Award 2008 YMCA Whittier
- Services to the Community 2007 LA County
- National Leadership Award 2006 United States Congress
- Commencement Speaker 2006 Southern California University of Health Science
- Outstanding Professor 2006 Rio Honda College
- Outstanding Services 2003 Engineer Board, State of California
- Volunteer Work 2000 Norwalk High School
- Outstanding teaching professor for USC residency 1998 USC PIH
- Volunteer Work 1995 Costa Mesa Senior Center
- Outstanding Services as Expert Witness 1995 San Bernardino's District Attorney's Office
- Outstanding Service on Acupuncture Board 1994 Governor Pete Wilson
- Outstanding Service to the Acupuncture Board Profession and Public 1991 State of California Acupuncture Commitee
- Outstanding Services 1987 Who's Who Historic Society
- United Acupuncture Association
David Chen L.Ac., SME's Practice location
Whittier, CA 90605Get Direction
- Baby Acne: What are the Causes and Treatments?
What causes Baby Acne?Baby acne, as well as a lot of adult acne, usually appears as red bumps and pimples on baby’s skin. The bump may be surrounded by red skin. The baby is also likely to develop whiteheads or white pustules. The causes of baby acne have not been specified and remain unclear at...
- Latest Acupuncture Techniques Show Improvement in Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. Scientists have no exact cause of fibromyalgia, but it is often thought to be related to the following conditions:...
- What Is Nighttime Back Pain?
What Is Nighttime Back Pain?Nighttime back pain is a more painful and irritating type of back pain, unlike other types back pain that disappears after some posture adjustment. The nighttime back pain is more persistent, even present during the night. It is also known as nocturnal back pain....
- What to Expect While Undergoing an Acupuncture
Before having your first acupuncture treatment, there are numerous things you should keep in mind. Most acupuncture points are situated on the legs and lower arms, so it’s important to wear clothes that will allow easy access to such areas. Moreover, avoid going for treatment while hungry or right...
- Is Acupuncture a Holistic Treatment?
The holistic theory of acupuncture derives its basis from the patterns of energy that flows across the body. During a healthy state, energy travels freely through a network of channels in the body. These channels are often referred to as meridians. Such disruptions are responsible for the occurrence...
- Acupuncture: Everything you Need to Know
Acupuncture is a form of treatment derived from ancient Western Chinese medicine. Needles are gently inserted at specific parts of the body for preventive or therapeutic purposes....
- Christie Luu13141 Century Blvd. Garden Grove CA 92643
- WenShuo Wu3220 Brea Canyon Road Suite F Diamond Bar CA 91765
- Jessica Ra'chel Newman LAC300 E ARBOR ST SPC 34 LONG BEACH CA 90805
- George Ku ACU2705 S Diamond Bar Blvd Diamond Bar CA 91765
- Zen Tuan2500 E. Foothill Blvd. Pasadena California 91107
- Majidreza Tabibzadeh8840 Warner Ave Fountain Valley CA 92708