David Chen is an acupuncturist practicing in Whittier, CA. Dr. Chen evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Chen treats the patients condition. Many of the bodys systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress. Dr. Chen has been practicing since 1978. The goal of our office is to provide the best services and the most affordable cost. We care.
Education and Training
National Defense Medical College Field Surgeon 1968
International Acupuncture College L.Ac., DOM 1974
David Chen's Expert Contributions
Good afternoon, 1. Acupuncture works very good for weight control. 2. How many session usually depends on how the patient responds. In other words, If you don't respond the first 2-3 sessions, then it's no value to continue. 3. Usually 1 treatment should bring approximately 2-3 pounds of weight down. David READ MORE
Good morning, Acupuncture does work to quit smoking by reducing the desire. But acupuncture is not a miracle to totally forget the cigarette. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, The reason acupuncture is recommended for infertility is simply because it works most of the time. But acupuncture is not a miracle modality. Before you go to see an acupuncturist, you need to go to see your OBGYN to make sure there are no other problems, i.e., infection, blockage of tube, severe diabetes, etc. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, You should do acupuncture, not dry needle, because with dry needle, they put the needle wherever it hurts and the practitioner only has 100-180 hours of training. Good luck, David READ MORE
Good Afternoon, Happy New Year Yes acupuncture can boost up the immune system but talk to your acupuncturist because there are 5 different categories that can boost up via acupuncture therapy David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Yes, you should get acupuncture for fibromyalgia. Happy New Year, David READ MORE
Happy holiday season, The answer for your question is it depends on the chief complaint and severity. You need to discuss this question with your acupuncturist. Take care, David READ MORE
Good morning, 1. Experience numbness during or after acupuncture treatment is a normal feeling. 2. Most of the time, it goes away within 5-7 days. 3. What you can do now is rest, and use some heat (i.e., heating pad 3x/day, 10 mins at a time). It should gradually subside. Take care, David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Acupuncture can work for mental stress, but you need to find the right acupuncturist so they can differentiate and find out the proper diagnosis and treat accordingly. Thank you, David READ MORE
Good morning, 1. Children below 4 years old do not recommend acupuncture most of the time. 2. Over 4 years old to 9 years old acupuncture therapy is recommended but depends on the case. 3. Your child, 9 years old should be a good candidate for acupuncture therapy but talk to the practitioner and the pediatrician before you take the action. David READ MORE
Good-morning. Regarding your question: 1. Prepare the history. 2. Explain the symptoms. 3. Explain any encounter with other medical practitioner, i.e., your family doctor. 4. A list of medications that you are taking. David READ MORE
Good morning, Cupping will not make your mind focused. In Chinese medicine, cupping's function is for relief of muscle spasm or cramp, and to improve the circulation. Thank you, have a great day. Dr. David Chen READ MORE
Regarding your question, acupuncture does not need other medicine to be effective. But, acupuncture works well with Western medicine (co-management). David READ MORE
Yes, acupuncture can help quit smoking. Thank you for the question. David READ MORE
Yes, acupuncture can treat digestive disorders. David READ MORE
Yes, acupuncture does help arthritis approximately 80% of the time. Therefore, find a good acupuncturist in your area and request for a free consultation David READ MORE
Most of the time, acupuncture will help ulcer pain. Thank you, David READ MORE
Yes, acupuncture can help most skin disorders. David READ MORE
Yes, acupuncture can help with most nauseousness. David READ MORE
Yes, acupuncture can help most excessive sweating. David READ MORE
Yes, acupuncture can help most CFS. David READ MORE
Yes, acupuncture can help most anemia. David READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Resolution2018California Assembly
- Outstanding 40 year Service2017City of Whittier
- Volunteer Work2017World Journal
- Outstanding service as President2017United Acupuncture Association
- Outstanding teaching professor for USC residency2017USC PIH
- Certificate of recognition for contribution in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine2017California Assembly
- Volunteer International Buddhist Progress Society2016Hsi Lai Temple
- Patient Choice Winner2015Opencare
- Dedication in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine2010United States Congress
- Volunteer Award2008YMCA Whittier
- Services to the Community 2007LA County
- National Leadership Award2006United States Congress
- Commencement Speaker2006Southern California University of Health Science
- Outstanding Professor2006Rio Honda College
- Outstanding Services2003Engineer Board, State of California
- Volunteer Work2000Norwalk High School
- Outstanding teaching professor for USC residency1998USC PIH
- Volunteer Work1995Costa Mesa Senior Center
- Outstanding Services as Expert Witness1995San Bernardino's District Attorney's Office
- Outstanding Service on Acupuncture Board1994Governor Pete Wilson
- Outstanding Service to the Acupuncture Board Profession and Public1991State of California Acupuncture Commitee
- Outstanding Services1987Who's Who Historic Society
- United Acupuncture Association
- Whittier Presbyterian Hospital
David Chen's Practice location
Whittier, CA 90605 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With David Chen | Acupuncturist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
David Chen's reviewsWrite Review
- Baby Acne: What are the Causes and Treatments?
What causes Baby Acne?Baby acne, as well as a lot of adult acne, usually appears as red bumps and pimples on baby’s skin. The bump may be surrounded by red skin. The baby is also likely to develop whiteheads or white pustules. The causes of baby acne have not been specified and remain unclear at...
- 7 Complementary Therapies for Lupus
Are you on lupus treatment? Do you want to know if there are better options to improve your health? More than 50 percent of lupus patients worldwide try complementary therapies. Complementary therapies are therapies that are followed in addition to routine medicines prescribed by doctors. The seven...
- Acupuncture for Migraines
Traditional Chinese medicines have an effective framework for pathophysiology, headache etiology, diagnosis or prognosis, and treatment. Acupuncture has always been used to treat migraines and the greatest benefit is that it doesn’t cause any harm. Unlike synthetic medications, acupuncture poses...
- Acupuncture for Weight Loss
Weight control is a multi-faceted problem and a functional program that involves stress reduction, diet, and exercise techniques. Chinese acupuncture and exercises for better digestion are also helpful means in the struggle with weight loss.Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medicine practice that...
- What Is Nighttime Back Pain?
What Is Nighttime Back Pain?Nighttime back pain is a more painful and irritating type of back pain, unlike other types back pain that disappears after some posture adjustment. The nighttime back pain is more persistent, even present during the night. It is also known as nocturnal back pain....
- How Is Acupuncture Used to Treat Crohn's Disease?
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition, which causes persistent inflammation of the patient’s intestinal tract, right from the mouth to rectum. This condition can develop anywhere in the intestines, usually in sites surrounded by healthy tissues, and can gradually spread deeper into the...
- WenShuo Wu 3220 Brea Canyon Road Suite F Diamond Bar CA 91765
- Seon Song 1327 E Katella Ave Orange CA 92867
- Zen Tuan 99 S. Chester Ave. Pasadena CA 91106
- Byung hong Cho L.AC 7980 Orangethorpe Ave Buena Park CA 90621
- Ming Dai L.AC. 714 W. Olympic Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90015
- Winston Wang L.AC 2050 W Chapman Ave Orange CA 92868