David Chen L.Ac., SME
Acupuncturist14632 Whittier Boulevard Whittier CA, 90605
David Chen is an acupuncturist practicing in Whittier, CA. Dr. Chen evaluates and treats patients based on the concepts of oriental medicine. Acupuncturists complete their evaluations by getting a patient history and looking at and touching the body. Then, they place very fine acupuncture needles into specific points on the body. Stimulating these points and nerves is how Dr. Chen treats the patients condition. Many of the body's systems respond to acupuncture, and it can treat physical pain as well as emotional stress. Dr. Chen has been practicing since 1978. The goal of our office is to provide the best services and the most affordable cost.
Education and Training
National Defense Medical College Field Surgeon 1968
International Acupuncture College L.Ac., DOM 1974
David Chen L.Ac., SME's Expert Contributions
Good afternoon, There are couple set of points that works for nausea, for example, STO 36, SP 6, TW 4, but you need to talk to your acupuncturist to find out the cause before any specific point can be recommended. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, There are couple sets of acupuncture points to relieve anxiety. For example, SP6, UB20. But every set has its own function. The best is to ask your practitioner what the cause is so the practitioner can recommend the proper points. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, How many points are there? It depends on how many energy flow systems that we talk about. Most of the books agree 657 points, without counting extra points and extra channels. David READ MORE
Good Afternoon, Acupuncture does help insomnia, but talk to your practitioner. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, There are couple different sets of control points can relieve neck pain. Different set for different diagnosis. For example, GB 34, GB 20. The best solution is talk to your acupuncturist. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, After acupuncture treatment, most of the time, the patient sleeps a lot better. Ask your practitioner what is the cause. Thank you, David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Acupuncture does help facial nerve, but it has a couple of causes. You need to talk to your acupuncturist. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Generally speaking, it is safe, but there are some control points that should not be used during the first trimester. Talk to your acupuncturist. David READ MORE
Good morning, Acupuncture for nerve pain all depends on the cause and the differentiation. Usually, it takes 2 times a week for 3 weeks, but talk to your acupuncturist. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Most of the pain takes approximately 3-5 treatments, but it all depends on the type of pain and the cause. Please talk to your acupuncturist. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Acupuncture can detox the liver. Talk to your acupuncturist. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Acupuncture treatment does not make people feel worse before they get well, but an experienced practitioner will also detox the patient via acupuncture treatment. Therefore, patient might feel a little bit "worse" before they get well. Talk to your practitioner. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, The answer is yes. The cause of gas is more important, you need to talk to your acupuncturist regarding the point to relieve gas and the cause of gas. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Acupuncture is good for arthritis in any part of the body. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, Happy New Year! Acupuncture does help panic attack. You need to discuss with your acupuncturist because panic attack has 5 differentiations. Thank you, David READ MORE
Good evening, Happy New Year. Leg pain has different causes. Therefore, the time varies. Usually, patient will respond in 2-3 treatments. David READ MORE
Good afternoon, You can feel a slight pricking sensation during the insertion of the needle, but not afterwards. Happy Holiday Season! David READ MORE
Good morning, Acupuncture treatment is very good for insomnia. David Chen, L.Ac. S.M.E. READ MORE
Good-morning, In the licensed acupuncturist's hand, acupuncture is safe to treat a majority of different parts of the body, including the neck. Have a great day, David READ MORE
Good morning, In a skillful practitioner's hand no side effects and after effects from acupuncture therapy. Acupuncture will not cause muscle spasm. David READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Resolution 2018 California Assembly
- Outstanding 40 year Service 2017 City of Whittier
- Volunteer Work 2017 World Journal
- Outstanding service as President 2017 United Acupuncture Association
- Outstanding teaching professor for USC residency 2017 USC PIH
- Certificate of recognition for contribution in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine 2017 California Assembly
- Volunteer International Buddhist Progress Society 2016 Hsi Lai Temple
- Patient Choice Winner 2015 Opencare
- Dedication in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine 2010 United States Congress
- Volunteer Award 2008 YMCA Whittier
- Services to the Community 2007 LA County
- National Leadership Award 2006 United States Congress
- Commencement Speaker 2006 Southern California University of Health Science
- Outstanding Professor 2006 Rio Honda College
- Outstanding Services 2003 Engineer Board, State of California
- Volunteer Work 2000 Norwalk High School
- Outstanding teaching professor for USC residency 1998 USC PIH
- Volunteer Work 1995 Costa Mesa Senior Center
- Outstanding Services as Expert Witness 1995 San Bernardino's District Attorney's Office
- Outstanding Service on Acupuncture Board 1994 Governor Pete Wilson
- Outstanding Service to the Acupuncture Board Profession and Public 1991 State of California Acupuncture Commitee
- Outstanding Services 1987 Who's Who Historic Society
- United Acupuncture Association
David Chen L.Ac., SME's Practice location
Whittier, CA 90605Get Direction
- Reasons Why You Need Acupuncture
If you haven’t tried acupuncture and you’re wondering whether it’s effective, here are several supportive reasons why you should give it a try: ...
- The Risks of Acupuncture
The risks associated with acupuncture are minimal if you have a competent, qualified acupuncture practitioner.Possible complications and side effects include:Worsening of Pre-existing SymptomsWhilst most people experience a significant improvement in their condition following acupuncture, some...
- Is Acupuncture a Holistic Treatment?
The holistic theory of acupuncture derives its basis from the patterns of energy that flows across the body. During a healthy state, energy travels freely through a network of channels in the body. These channels are often referred to as meridians. Such disruptions are responsible for the occurrence...
- Latest Acupuncture Techniques Show Improvement in Fibromyalgia
Fibromyalgia is a long-term condition that causes pain all over the body. Scientists have no exact cause of fibromyalgia, but it is often thought to be related to the following conditions:...
- How Is Acupuncture Used to Treat Crohn's Disease?
Crohn's disease is an inflammatory condition, which causes persistent inflammation of the patient’s intestinal tract, right from the mouth to rectum. This condition can develop anywhere in the intestines, usually in sites surrounded by healthy tissues, and can gradually spread deeper into the...
- Baby Acne: What are the Causes and Treatments?
What causes Baby Acne?Baby acne, as well as a lot of adult acne, usually appears as red bumps and pimples on baby’s skin. The bump may be surrounded by red skin. The baby is also likely to develop whiteheads or white pustules. The causes of baby acne have not been specified and remain unclear at...
- Christie Luu13141 Century Blvd. Garden Grove CA 92643
- Jessica Ra'chel Newman LAC300 E ARBOR ST SPC 34 LONG BEACH CA 90805
- WenShuo Wu3220 Brea Canyon Road Suite F Diamond Bar CA 91765
- George Ku ACU2705 S Diamond Bar Blvd Diamond Bar CA 91765
- Zen Tuan2500 E. Foothill Blvd. Pasadena California 91107
- Majidreza Tabibzadeh8840 Warner Ave Fountain Valley CA 92708