Dr. Mitchell Grayson is an internist practicing in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Dr. Grayson specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Grayson provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
Univ of Chicago, Pritzker Sch of Med, Chicago Il 1993
Allergy and Immunology
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Allergy and Immunology
- Effect of ethanol on thromboxane and prostacyclin production in the human placenta.
- Expression of surface lymphotoxin and tumor necrosis factor on activated T, B, and natural killer cells.
- Localization of T and B lymphocytes to the white pulp of the spleen is independent of L-, E-, and P-selectin.
- Occupational exposures as triggers of asthma.
- Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) receptor expression in T lymphocytes. Differential regulation of the type I TNF receptor during activation of resting and effector T cells.
- Lung dendritic cells and the inflammatory response.
- Clinical research: protection of the "vulnerable"?
- Pulmonary defense mechanisms against pneumonia and sepsis.
- Lung dendritic cells and IgE: the link between virus and atopy.
- Respiratory virus and asthma: the role of immunoglobulin E.
- Basic science for the practicing clinician.
- The lymphotoxin LTalpha(1)beta(2) controls postnatal and adult spleen marginal sinus vascular structure and function.
- The role of viruses in the development and exacerbation of atopic disease.
- Cross-linking IgE augments human conventional dendritic cell production of CC chemokine ligand 28.
- The mannose-binding lectin gene in atopic dermatitis: lessons from genetics.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin -
- Professor, University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Medicine; 2007 -
- 'Orchid Award,' Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, St. Louis Chapter, 2007
- 'Interest Section Award,' American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 2004
- 2011 Milwaukee Super Doctors
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Fellow
- American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Fellow
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis), Anaphylaxis, Asthma And More
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Johns Hopkins Univ Sch Med, Allergy And Immunology; Univ Of Pa Hlth System, Internal Medicine
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania 1995
- University of Pennsylvania Affiliated Hospitals 1993
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 1995, Internal Medicine
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine - Allergy/Immunology 1998
- Allergy/Immunology - Johns Hopkins University - Baltimore, MD 1995
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 1998, Allergy and Immunology
Professional Society Memberships
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
What do you attribute your success to?
- Tenacity, Hard Work
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Travelling, Reading
Dr. Mitchell H. Grayson MD's Practice location
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201Get Direction
COLUMBUS, OH 43205Get Direction
Saint Louis, MO 63141Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mitchell H. Grayson MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mitchell H. Grayson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Grayson
- Hot Flashes and Women's Health
Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause and perimenopause. It is also commonly seen in women with premature menopause and induced menopause.Hot flashes cause women who experience them to suddenly feel overheated, it is usually accompanied by sweating and a red, flushed face. The...
- What is a Good Drink to Consume When I Workout?
It goes without saying that exercise is key to good health. Having the right kind of food and drinking adequate fluids also help in achieving this goal. Taking good amount of nutrients helps to give the power for the workout and also for repairing the muscles after the workout. But all of us have...
- Leukopenia: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leukopenia?White blood cells (WBCs) are an important part of the immune system, which is why they are called as "fighter cells". There are five different types of white blood cells (WBCs) in our body. They are neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes. Each type of WBC...
- Alternative Treatments for Lupus
Lupus symptoms can be managed by alternative medicine and the immune system can be strengthened by these medicines too. You may find the term ‘alternative’ unfamiliar but you might actually be shocked to realize that you know the majority of these alternative treatments. Alternative treatments...
- Alternative Treatments for Gallstones
Alternative Treatments For GallstonesA huge percentage of gallstones never show symptoms, but the moment a stone stops moving on its way to the small intestines from the gallbladder, trouble begins. That’s when signs start occurring, among them severe pain on the ride side of the abdomen that...
- What Are BCAAs?
What are BCAAs?The term BCAA is short for branched-chain amino acid. The human body is made up of different proteins, which contain amino acids. There are 20 amino acids and nine of them are considered essential amino acids, which you can get through your diet because your body cannot make...
- Dr. Wendy Marie Ledesma MD945 N 12TH ST MILWAUKEE WI 53201
- Dr. Aymen Mohammed Khogali MD945 N 12th St Milwaukee WI 53201
- Dr. Marc Rasansky MD1020 N 12TH ST, MILWAUKEE WI 53201
- Dr. Lidiya Kupriyenko MD945 N 12th St Milwaukee WI 53201
- Dr. Siddesh V Besur MD2900 W. OKLAHOMA AVENUE MILWAUKEE WI 53201
- Dr. Esayas T Gebreyesus MD945 N 12th St Milwaukee WI 53201