Dr. Esmeralda Espino is a family practitioner practicing in Youngstown, OH. Dr. Espino specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Espino possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas Medical School; Manila
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Former Director for the Geriatrics Division of Family Practice Residency Program, Western Reserve Health Care System -
- Allen Park Veterans Hospital, 1975, and Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn, Michigan, 1977
- Franklin Square Hospital Baltimore, Maryland; 1974
- Wayne State University Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
Articles and Publications
- Co-author, 'Representation of the Black Elderly in Detroit Metropolitan Nursing Homes.' Journal of the National Medical Association, 1988
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
- Church Activities, Swimming, Walking, Playing Piano
Esmeralda C. Espino's Practice location
Youngstown, OH 44505 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Esmeralda C. Espino | Family Practitioner | Obesity Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Esmeralda C. Espino's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding Chlorophyll and Its Amazing Health Benefits
You might have heard about chlorophyll at some point in your life--everyone who has gone to school has been told by their science teacher about how plants make their own food from sunlight. However, not everyone knows that the green substance commonly for imparting the color green to plants actually...
- 5 Tips for Dealing With Ingrown Hair
Ingrown hair is a condition where hair has grown back into the skin instead of out through the surface. An ingrown hair, since it irritates the skin, usually appears as a small, red bump, much like a pimple. Sometimes, it can have pus inside the follicle and look like a boil and cause you some pain...
- Can My Period Be the Cause of My Anemia?
Anemia is sometimes more commonly referred to as low iron because its root cause is less iron being produced by the body. There are staggering numbers of people increasing in the world every year who are under the torment of this notorious disease. The basic dysfunction starts within the red blood...
- Pleurisy vs. Bronchitis: Differences and Similarities
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is a condition, in which the lining that surrounds the lungs and the interior of the chest cavity is inflamed. Due to the inflammation of the pleura, this condition is also called as pleuritis. The pleural space is the space between the lungs and the chest cavity wall....
- The History of Rheumatoid Arthritis
Introduction Rheumatoid arthritis causes inflammation of the joints and other body areas. It is an autoimmune disease and its symptoms include:...
- Foods to Avoid If You Have Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by loose or watery stools that occur more than three times a day. Typically, the condition lasts for about two to three days and then resolves on its own. The symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, bloating, stomach cramps, gas, and nausea.Diarrhea can lead...
Nearby Family Practitioners
- Dr. Daniel A. Miller MD 1450 S Canfield-Niles Rd Youngstown Ohio 44515
- Dr. Harriett Lemberger-Schor M.D. 20 Ohltown Rd Youngstown OH 44515
- Dr. Michelle Kapon MD 500 Gypsy Ln Youngstown OH 44504
- Dr. Paul E Lesnoski D.O. 901 Trailwood Dr Youngstown OH 44512
- Dr. Maria L Ryhal MD 166 Vine St Salem OH 44460
- Dr. Michael J Sevilla M.D. 2370 Southeast Blvd Salem OH 44460