Dr. Esmeralda Espino is a family practitioner practicing in Youngstown, Ohio. Dr. Espino specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Espino possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Santo Tomas Medical School; Manila
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Former Director for the Geriatrics Division of Family Practice Residency Program, Western Reserve Health Care System -
- Allen Park Veterans Hospital, 1975, and Oakwood Hospital in Dearborn, Michigan, 1977
- Franklin Square Hospital Baltimore, Maryland; 1974
- Wayne State University Hospital, Detroit, Michigan
Articles and Publications
- Co-author, 'Representation of the Black Elderly in Detroit Metropolitan Nursing Homes.' Journal of the National Medical Association, 1988
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
- Church Activities, Swimming, Walking, Playing Piano
Esmeralda C. Espino's Practice location
Youngstown, Ohio 44505 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Esmeralda C. Espino | Family Practitioner | Obesity Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Esmeralda C. Espino's reviewsWrite Review
- Lyme Disease: Making a Diagnosis
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by four different species of bacteria. In Europe and Asia, it spreads through Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii, while in the USA, it spreads through Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia mayonii. The disease is transmitted to humans via a common...
- What Is Visceral Fat?
You probably want to lose visceral fat for improved health. Visceral fat is the fat located deep inside the abdomen. It has several components, which include fat in the intestines (mesenteric fat), around the kidneys (intrarenal fat), and some bits of fat near the uterus or testes. Unlike other...
- Is Bursitis a Chronic Ailment?
What is bursitis?Bursitis is a condition that causes inflammation of the bursa. Once the bursa is inflamed, it starts swelling. It causes pain around the affected area. The condition affects any part of the body where there are bursae.What is a bursa?A bursa is a sac-like cavity filled with fluid....
- 5 Tips for Dealing With Ingrown Hair
Ingrown hair is a condition where hair has grown back into the skin instead of out through the surface. An ingrown hair, since it irritates the skin, usually appears as a small, red bump, much like a pimple. Sometimes, it can have pus inside the follicle and look like a boil and cause you some pain...
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- Causes, Treatment, and Prevention of Petechiae
Petechiae are tiny dots that appear as red, brown, or purple in color beneath the skin. They are usually seen in clusters on the stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs. However, they may also appear inside the mouth or on the eyelids. Petechiae may indicate different conditions, which can range from...
- Dr. Daniel A. Miller MD 1450 S Canfield-Niles Rd Youngstown Ohio 44515
- Dr. Harriett Lemberger-Schor M.D. 20 Ohltown Rd Youngstown OH 44515
- Dr. Maria L Ryhal MD 166 Vine St Salem OH 44460
- Dr. Michael J Sevilla M.D. 2370 Southeast Blvd Salem OH 44460
- Dr. Paul E Lesnoski D.O. 901 Trailwood Dr Youngstown OH 44512
- Ms. Michelle L Thompson DO 705 Brookshire Dr Hermitage PA 16148