Dr. Tony Wen MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)301 University Boulevard Galveston Texas, 77555
Dr. Tony Wen is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Galveston, Texas. Dr. Wen specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Wen can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Wen can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch of Med, Lubbock Tx 1988
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 1988
Maternal Fetal Medicine
Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston -
- Gestational Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine, American Congress of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Infectious Disease Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Articles and Publications
- Co-author, 'Timing of perioperative antibiotics for cesarean delivery: a metaanalysis', American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2008
- Co-author, 'Two-dimensional echocardiography and Doppler ultrasound in managing obstetric patients', Obstetrics & Gynecology, 1997
What do you attribute your success to?
Good Mentors, Friends in the Field
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Tony Wen MD's Practice location
Galveston, Texas 77555Get Direction
Brooklyn, NY 11203Get Direction
- What is a High-risk Pregnancy?
Pregnancy is considered high-risk if there are specific challenges during or after delivery, and special monitoring is required for either mother or the child if the pregnancy is deemed high-risk. The mother or the baby may have increased risk of developing health issues and may need special care....
- How Your Father’s Genes Can Affect Your Ovarian Cancer Risk
It is well known that inherited mutations in BRCA1/BRCA2 genes increase the risk of breast and ovarian cancers, as well as other types of cancer. An altered mutation in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene can be inherited from an individual’s mother or father. ...
- How Can Multiple Myeloma Affect My Bones?
What is Multiple Myeloma?Multiple myeloma is a blood cancer that is also known as hematologic cancer. It is characterized by the uncontrollable multiplication of a certain population of plasma cells (also known as malignant plasma cells, or myeloma cells). Plenty of similar antibodies, known as...
- What Are the Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids?
According to a new study, women who sought treatment for the different symptoms of uterine fibroids, such as heavy bleeding and pain, have a better quality of life after the treatment. Women who had hysterectomy reported that they would have put off the procedure for a longer period, when compared...
- Symptoms That You Must Be Aware of During Your First Trimester of Pregnancy
There are some warning signs in the first trimester of pregnancy that may require immediate medical attention. Vaginal bleeding with or without painSome spotting may be normal during pregnancy, but it can also be a sign of ectopic pregnancy or a miscarriage. The color of the spots may be the clue....
- What are the Symptoms and Treatment for Vaginal Yeast Infections?
An infection in the vagina caused by yeast cells is very common among women, and is not considered a serious condition. Yeast cells are normally present in small numbers in the vaginal region, but due to certain triggers they can start multiplying, resulting in infection and inflammation. Yeast...
- Dr. Mary Bernadette Munn MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Luis Pacheco MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Mostafa Borahay Other301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Kathleen M Griffis MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Perry L Fulcher MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555
- Dr. Catalin D Jurnalov MD301 University Blvd Galveston TX 77555