Physicians East is the largest, private, multispecialty health care practice serving Eastern North Carolina. I am board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology with an expertise in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine; Cleveland
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 2002
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Cultivation of rat marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells in reduced oxygen
- Effect of intravenous amino acids on protein kinetics in preterm infants.
- Free fatty acid-induced hepatic insulin resistance is attenuated following lifestyle intervention in obese individuals with impaired glucose tolerance.
- Plasma levels of asymmetric dimethylarginine in patients with biopsy-proven nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Case Western Reserve University
- MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland; 2003
- Cleveland Clinic, Gastroenterology
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dr. Edmison attributes his success to growing up in Cleveland, with all of the great educational facilities and mentors.
Hobbies / Sports
- Football, Reading, Family
Dr. John Michael Edminson M.D.'s Practice location
Greenville, North Carolina 27834Get Direction
GREENVILLE, SC 29572Get Direction
Cleveland, OH 44195Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John Michael Edminson M.D. | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John Michael Edminson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Edminson
- New At-Home Test Can Detect Even the Smallest Quantities of Gluten
Being gluten-free is the only way to healthy living with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. Nowadays, more people are going gluten-free as they become aware of the condition, and there have been better diagnostic tools to help pinpoint the problem.Being gluten-free is challenging. Excluding...
- How to Travel with Crohn's and Colitis
People with irritable bowel diseases such as Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative Colitis are often very apprehensive at the thought of trying to plan even a moderately traveled trip, whether by car, train, bus, plane, or cruise or charter ship. However, just because there are some concerns to keep in mind...
- Pancreatic Cancer: Get the Facts
What is Pancreatic Cancer: Get the FactsHere are a few facts on pancreatic cancer.What is the pancreas?The pancreas is a gland. It has an extremely important role to play in your body's functioning. It is responsible for regulating your blood sugar levels. What is a cancer?Usually, your body...
- Crohn's Disease: Foods, Vitamins, Supplements, and Herbal Remedies
Crohn's Disease and VitaminsCrohn is an inflammatory bowel disease which mainly affects the gastrointestinal tract causing severe pain in the abdomen, constant fever and reduction in weight. It does not allow the digestive system to absorb the required vitamins and nutrients from the food.Vitamins...
- Samantha Irby Laughs Because She Refuses to Cry
Inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn's and Colitis affect over 1.6 million Americans and nearly 100,000 more people are diagnosed with IBD each year. Like many other diseases, IBD does not discriminate based on age or gender. It is commonly seen that younger adults are more like to be diagnosed...
- Reasons Why You Would Need a Cholecystectomy
A cholecystectomy is a type of surgery done to remove the gallbladder. Although the gallbladder’s function is to store bile, which helps in your digestion, you can still live a healthy life without it. Gallbladder removal through surgery is the most effective treatment in dealing with gallbladder...
- Dr. Phillip J. Goldstein M.D.704 Wh Smith Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Joanne M Matthews MD1850 W Arlington Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Jack Cecil Cole DO2210 Hemby Lane Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Bryan L Balmadrid M.D.521 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Eslam Galal khalifa Ali M.D.521 MOYE BLVD FL 3 GREENVILLE NC 27834
- Dr. Lisa Marsha Jones MD521 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834