Godwin O. Maduka, MD, obtained his medical degree in 1993 from the University of Tennessee School of Medicine. After receiving his medical degree, Dr. Maduka continued to complete his internship at the University of Tennessee School of Medicine; and fellowship for anesthesia, critical care and pain management at the Harvard University School of Medicine. His career in medicine has seen numerous accomplishments including the founding of Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Center, recipient of the 'Heartbeat of America' award for his work in the pain management field, and building 50 homes that include a church, a residence for priests, a school complex, and a civic center for his hometown in Umuchukwu, Nigeria. Always taking care of patients the best way possible, he says, is his key to success. Today, Maduka practices anesthesiology and pain management at the Spring Valley Surgery Center in Las Vegas and as the Medical Director at Las Vegas Pain Institute and Medical Center and Medical Center.
Education and Training
University of Tennessee School of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Faculty Supervisor of Pain Management/Anesthesiology, Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine -
- 'Heartbeat of America Award'
- Harvard University School of Medicine, 1997, Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Management
- University of Tennessee School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pain Management, American Medical Association, Nevada Society of Anesthesiology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Always taking care of patients the best way possible, Dr. Maduka says, is his key to success.
- In his hometown in Umuchukwu, Nigeria, Dr. Maduka built 50 homes, including a church, a residence for priests, a school complex, and a civic center.
- Spring Valley Surgery Center
Godwin O. Maduka's Practice location
Godwin O. Maduka's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Risks of Breast Augmentation?
A majority of women do not have any severe complications after having breast implants or undergoing a breast augmentation surgery, although some do. An understanding of the possible risks and how to care for your implants is therefore very crucial.Since the decision on having a plastic surgery is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Rashid Jahangir 8400 Rustling Leaves Lane Las Vegas Nevada 89143
- Dr. Alina Grigore MD1930 Village Center Circle Las Vegas Nevada 89134
- Dr. Sudhir S. Khemka MD2913 Josephine Drive Henderson Nevada 89044
- Jared R. Fuller DO5024 Samantha Ln Farmington New Mexico 87402
- Dr. Bahbak Adrangi MD10083 Golden Bluff Avenue Las Vegas Nevada 89148
- Dr. Yu Tian M.D.7312 West Cheyenne Avenue Las Vegas Nevada 89129