Hong Liu, MD, obtained his medical degree in 1987 from Nanjing Medical College in Jiangsu, China. Dr. Liu completed his medical training in the United States; finishing his internship for surgery at St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Center in New York; residency and fellowship for anesthesiology and pain medicine at the University of California Davis Medical Center in Sacramento. Liu is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiology, International Association of Anesthesiology Research, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesia, and California Society of Anesthesiology. Family support and hard work, he says, are instrumental to his success. Today, he practices anesthesiology as Associate Professor at the University of California School of Medicine and serves as the Director of Clinical Anesthesia Research at the University of California Davis Health System.
Education and Training
Nanjing Medical College
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor, University of California School of Medicine -
- University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, 2000, Anesthesiology, and Pain Medicine
- St. Vincent Hospital and Medical Center, New York, Surgery; 1996
- University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, 2001, Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiology, International Association of Anesthesiology Research, Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesia, California Society of Anesthesiology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Family Support, Hard Work
Dr. Hong Liu L. AC.,'s Practice location
Sacramento, California 95817Get Direction
LOS ALTOS, CA 94022Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Hong Liu L. AC., | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Hong Liu L. AC.,'s reviewsWrite Review
- CNN Producer Lauren Lee on Battling Lupus: A Fight to Regain Oneself
As a girl, Lauren Lee lived the life of her dreams. She was a Junior at Kent State University who was able to do what she loved: Journalism. She was at the top of her classes and seemed to have it all, that is until September 2001 when she suffered from an unexplainable condition. She was confused,...
- How Can I Lower the Risk of Preeclampsia?
Preeclampsia is a common condition during pregnancy characterized by very high blood pressure and the presence of proteins in urine, both of which are seen after 20 weeks of pregnancy. The blood pressure in the pregnant woman who had normal measure of blood pressure rises to as high as 140/90 mm of...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Jeffrey Uppington M.D.4150 V Street Sacramento California 95817
- Dr. Qasem M. Noori MD6600 Bruceville Rd Sacramento CA 95823
- Dr. Paul G. Kreis M.D.Med: Anesthesia, 4150 V Street Sacramento CA 95817
- Dr. Scott S Patrick MD2000 SUTTER PL DAVIS CA 95616
- Dr. Navdeep Singh Nijher M.D2800 L St Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Mojca Konia M.D.4150 V St Sacramento CA 95817