Shelba Jean Bethel, MD, has a private practice in Norman, Oklahoma. She is responsible for the care of pregnant and non-pregnant women, helping to deliver more than 12,000 babies.Dr. Bethel has also worked with the Airforce Reserve over the course of her 40 year career, as well as the Norman Healthcare Network at Norman Regional Healthcare Center. She is a clinical expert in robotic surgery, using this non-invasive way to drastically reduce patient's pain and recovery time.
Education and Training
University of Oklahoma
Univ of Ok Coll of Med, Oklahoma City Ok 1965
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine 1965
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- St Anthony Hosp, Obstetrics And Gynecology; St Anthony Hosp, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; St Anthony Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- St Anthony Hospital Program
- Saint Anthony Hospital
- Saint Anthony Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Military Surgeons, Southern Medical Services
What do you attribute your success to?
Excellence in Patient Care, Passion for the Industry
Hobbies / Sports
- Gardening, Family Time, Traveling
- Air Force Reserve
- Norman Regional Medical Center
Dr. Shelba Jean Bethel MD's Practice location
Norman, Oklahoma 73071Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Shelba Jean Bethel MD | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Shelba Jean Bethel MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bethel
- Causes and Symptoms of Metrorrhagia
What is metrorrhagia?Metrorrhagia is also known as dysfunctional uterine bleeding, which is a common gynecological complaint among women of reproductive age. This condition is also commonly experienced during the first few years of menarche. If abnormal bleeding occurs during menarche, then it is...
- What Causes Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a serious condition that affects a woman’s body. It is very dangerous because the tissue that grows inside the woman’s uterus, grows outside instead, which can really damage the uterus. Moreover, endometriosis can damage the organs around the uterus if it is not treated on time....
- New Imaging Could Predict Whether Breast Cancer Will Spread
When it comes to the treatment of any type of cancer, the earlier the disease is caught and diagnosed, the better chance of success treatment has. Medical providers have worked to develop strategies for catching breast cancer at an early stage over the recent years. Women who may be more prone to...
- Treatments for Gonorrhea
What types of medications are prescribed for gonorrhea?Gonorrhea is a bacterial infection and sexually transmitted disease that is caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae. People can get infected by having unprotected oral, vaginal, or anal sex. Sharing of contaminated sex toys can also transmit the...
- Syphilis Symptoms
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that can cause serious health problems when left untreated. This is caused by a type of bacteria known as Treponema pallidum. This disease can be treated easily in its earlier stage with the right medication. Early diagnosis and knowing the early...
- Vitamin E and Fatty Acid Supplements May Alleviate Period Cramps
A new study published in the journal, Reproductive Health, has shown that supplements containing vitamin E and essential fatty acids may relieve the symptoms caused by menstruation. In this study, 120 women with PMS or the more severe premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), were divided into two...
- Dr. Jacob Lauer MD920 Sl Young Blvd Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Meaghan Elizabeth Tenney MD5841 S Maryland Ave # Mc2050 Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. Cara A Mathews MD101 Dudley St Providence RI 02905
- Dr. Bryan Treacy MD1035 Sw 19th St Oklahoma City OK 73160
- Dr. Kathleen N Moore MD825 Ne 10th St Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Steven Dee Jimerson MD1407 N Porter Norman OK 73071