Donald E. Martin
Anesthesiologist500 University Drive Hershey Pennsylvania, 17033
Donald E. Martin, MD, graduated with honors in 1976 from the Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia. Dr. Martin then attended Lankenau Hospital in Philadelphia for his internship in internal medicine; Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia for his residency and fellowship in anesthesiology. His medical career has seen numerous achievements including the publication of numerous books, and articles about anesthesiology; and membership in professional societies such as the American Association of Anesthesiologists, Pennsylvania Medical Society, Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists, and Association of American Medical Colleges. Mentoring and teaching throughout the years, he says, are instrumental to his success. Today, Martin practices anesthesiology as Professor of Anesthesiology and Associate Dean for Administration at the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine.
Education and Training
Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor of Anesthesiology, Pennsylvania Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine -
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania; 1979, Anesthesiology
- Lankenau Hospital, Philadelphia; 1977
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Anesthesiology
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Anesthesiologists, Pennsylvania Medical Society, Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists, Association of American Medical Colleges
Articles and Publications
- Co-author, 'A Practical Approach to Cardiac Anesthesia' Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2008
- Co-author,' Low Dose Fentanyl Blunts Circulatory Responses to Tracheal Intubation' Anesthesia & Analgesia, 1982
What do you attribute your success to?
- Mentoring and Teaching Throughout the Years
Hobbies / Sports
- Flying, Photography
Donald E. Martin's Practice location
Donald E. Martin's reviewsWrite Review
- Sexual Harassment Is Commonplace in the Nursing Trade
Sexual harassment (not just in the nursing trade) has been coming out in droves as the #MeToo movement gained momentum a few months ago. As news of more and more acts of sexual harassment involved mainstream celebrities began to spread, so did awareness of this horrible act. However, as Hollywood...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Julia Caldwell MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Yakov Vorobeychik MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Jaya Swami-kamboj M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Scott Runyon M.D.500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Piotr K Janicki MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033
- Dr. Srikantha L Rao MD500 University Dr Hershey PA 17033