Peter K. Harvie
Pediatrician55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts, 2114
Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine
Education and Training
University of Science and Technology School of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Pediatric Critical Care
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Massachusetts Medical Society
What do you attribute your success to?
Willingness to Share, the Grace of God, Compassion, Genuine Desire to Help
Hobbies / Sports
- Playing the Organ, Flute, and Accordion
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Pediatric Intensive Care
Peter K. Harvie's Practice location
- Causes and Treatments of Croup (Barking Cough)
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup. It is a medical condition that tends to irritate a child's upper airways. It can also be used to describe the inflammation of the larynx and trachea in children. There are a variety of reasons or inflammatory conditions, which...
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- What Is Chickenpox?
The causing factor of chickenpox and the ways of transmissionThe causing agent is a virus called varicella-zoster, which is an airborne and really contagious germ. It can be spread while coughing and sneezing, with little droplets of the mucus thrown from the nose and throat. Another way of catching...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- Causes and Treatments for a Barking Cough
What is a barking cough?The medical term for a barking cough is croup, which is a viral condition that causes swelling of the upper airways of children, especially those who are younger than 5 years old. It is also described as the inflammation of the larynx and the trachea in children.There are a...
- What Are the Factors that Contribute to Autism?
The causes of autism spectrum disorders (ASDs) are still unclear. Even though research shows that genetic factors are predominate, they are not the one and only cause. In fact, it’s much more likely that there are multiple causes rather than just one.1. Genetic FactorsThere are multiple studies...
- Dr. William D. Singer M.D.42 WASHINGTON ST WELLESLEY MA 02481
- Dr. Jocelyn R. Healey MD223 CHIEF JUSTICE CUSHING HWY COHASSET MA 02025
- Alan Minoru Fujii1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 2118
- Dr. Jeanette Adele Callahan MD1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02139
- Dr. Mitzi Johnson MD750 Washington St Boston MA 02111
- Wilhelmina Hernandez1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 02118