Dr. Manvi Prakash Maker is a board certified ophthalmologist in comprehensive family eye care, specializing in diseases of the retina including diabetic retinopathy.
Education and Training
Wayne State University
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine -
- The Medical College of Wisconsin
- Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists
What do you attribute your success to?
Mentors, Opportunity, Excellent Training
Manvi Prakash Maker's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Manvi Prakash Maker | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Manvi Prakash Maker's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- Dr. Dimitri G. Perros M.D.800 Austin Evanston Illinois 60202
- Dr. Mark I. Golden M.D.875 North Michigan Avenue Chicago Illinois 60611
- Dr. James Reidy MD60 East Delaware Place Chicago IL 60611
- Dr. Deepa G. Reddy M.D.1900 W Harrison St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Veeral S. Sheth M.D.1855 W Taylor St Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Jan Iwata DO1 East Superior Street Chicago Illinois 60611