Dr. Konrad Schulze is a gastroenterologist practicing in Iowa City, Iowa. Dr. Schulze specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Schulze performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
University of Heidelberg
Med Fak Der Univ Heidelberg- Heidelberg- Germany 1968
Ruprecht-Karls-Universitaet Heidelberg, Medizinische Gesamtfakultat 1968
Medizinische Fakult‰t Heidelberg 1968
- Flow fields generated by peristaltic reflex in isolated guinea pig ileum: impact of contraction depth and shoulders.
- Ulcerative ileitis encountered at ileo-colonoscopy: likely role of nonsteroidal agents.
- Gastroduodenal motility.
- The pylorus.
- Investigation of fundo-antral reflex in human beings.
- Visceral hypersensitivity and impaired accommodation in refractory diabetic gastroparesis.
- Ink dispersion by sequential contractions in isolated segments of guinea pig ileum and duodenum.
- Comments on nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug enteropathy.
- Exotic dense-matter states pumped by a relativistic laser plasma in the radiation-dominated regime.
- The imaging and modelling of the physical processes involved in digestion and
- Pill Properties that Cause Dysphagia and Treatment Failure.
- Plasma scale-length effects on electron energy spectra in high-irradiance laser plasmas.
- Endoscopic grading of myochosis and its association with colonic obstructive symptoms.
- Medical management of acute peptic ulcer disease.
- 'Masters Award for Sustained Achievement', American Gastroenterological Association, 2010
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Gastroenterology Memorial Hlth Care, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Boston City Hospital 1970
- Montreal Children's Hospital
- Montreal General Hospital, McGill University
- Memorial Hospital, Worcester
- University of Iowa
Professional Society Memberships
- American Gastroenterological Association, American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society, Charter Member of the Dysphagia Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having Great Mentors, Inspirational Colleagues
Favorite professional publications
Dr. Konrad Schulze MD's Practice location
Iowa City, Iowa 52242Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Konrad Schulze MD | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Konrad Schulze MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schulze
- Celiac Disease: Get Diagnosed
Most often people have extra intestinal symptoms, such as migraine, peripheral neuropathy, joint pains, seizures, short stature, pubertal delay, and infertility. These presentations are not commonly tested for celiac disease, therefore, majority remains undiagnosed. ...
- Childhood Crohn’s Diagnosis Linked with Cancer Risk, Study Finds
Inflammatory bowel disease most often affects young adults. However, children can also be diagnosed too. When inflammatory bowel disease affects a child, it causes painful gastrointestinal symptoms that are especially difficult for kids to bear.It's hard for kids to understand what's happening to...
- Foods to Avoid at All Costs With IBD
If you suffer from an inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis (UC), you are certainly aware of the issues that can arise from certain foods and beverages. Not only do these conditions trigger inflammation in the digestive system and uncomfortable symptoms, but...
- What Is Indigestion? Get the Facts
Indigestion, also known as heartburn, is a common term used to describe the discomfort or pain felt in the upper abdomen just below the ribs. It is not a disease. It is merely a symptom and it can be just another symptom of many digestive problems. The main complaint of those who experience...
- Children's Film "Peter Rabbit" Under Fire for Controversial Scene Exploiting Food Allergies
The film Peter Rabbit is a modern take on the classic children's story. But, this film isn't without controversy. Parents of children with food allergies, and even parents of children with celiac disease, have recently decided to boycott the film altogether.But, why?It started when snippets from the...
- How to Get Rid of Your Bloated Belly
Abdominal bloating can affect your looks and cause considerable discomfort. But according to experts, abdominal bloating can be controlled and avoided easily. Abdominal bloating does not refer to the extra pounds of fat stored in the abdomen, but the temporary distension that affects from...
- Dr. Jeremy Fields MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Steven Ferenc Polyak MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jaymie H. Pennington M.D.200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Naurang Motilal Agrawal MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. William B Silverman MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Adrian N Holm D.O.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242