the early 1980s. Currently, Dr. Ruff works as a Clinical Neuropsychologist and Rehabilitation Psychologist in San Francisco, California. A graduate of the University of Missouri in 1978; Dr. Ruff has also completed education at Oxford University and Stanford University. Dr. Ruff is an active faculty member at the University of California at San Francisco in the Department of Psychiatry. He is widely published in prominent professional journals and texts and lectures extensively, both as a consultant to and a member of professional organizations. A recipient of the Nelson Butters Award for Research in Clinical Neuropsychology in 1993 and the North American Brain Injury Society Research Award in 2010; Dr. Ruff attributes his success to the desire to follow his passion.
Education and Training
University of Missouri
- Nelson Butters Award for Research in Clinical Neuropsychology, 1993
- The North American Brain Injury Society Research Award, 2010
- Oxford University, Stanford University
Professional Society Memberships
- The International Neuropsychological Society, Fellow and Past President of the National Academy of Neuropsychology, Fellow of The American Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Following his Passion
Teaching and speaking
Clinical Professor at the University of California San Francisco. Lectures on the Subject of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Music
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society
- San Francisco Memorial Hospital
- University of California San Francisco Medical Center
Mr. Ronald M. Ruff PH.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, California 94109Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Mr. Ronald M. Ruff PH.D. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mr. Ronald M. Ruff PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Naturally Increase Libido
If there is one thing that binds couples aside from love, that would be libido. Most of us do not give attention to it until it becomes very low and causes relationship problems. You might have low libido issues if you have the following symptoms:...
- Teen with Autism Creates a Video Game About Living on the Spectrum
At only seventeen years old, Brad Hennessey has found a way to let others into what it is like to have autism - his new video game, "An Aspie Life."Brad's storyBrad has lived with Asperger's syndrome his whole life, and describes the condition as, "one of the categories on the autism spectrum and...
- What Are Natural Treatments for Depression?
There are multiple medications that can successfully treat depression. However, many individuals are interested in taking the natural route, to find natural remedies to cure their depression. There are many alternative therapies that can help to control the symptoms of moderate to severe depression....
- Autism: A Life-Saving Database
One of the biggest concerns facing families of children or adults with autism or Alzheimer’s disease is how to prevent wandering. ...
- Understanding Autism: An Outsider's Perspective
Though widely misunderstood just a few decades ago, autism is now at the forefront of many discussions of neurodevelopmental disorders. People both within and outside of the medical community have realized the importance of helping people living with autism, and for good reason.According to the CDC,...
- Taming Your Child's Temper Tantrum
Temper TantrumsTemper tantrums have been defined by experts as an unplanned display of anger or emotions by children. Children will often whine, scream, or cry during a tantrum. They may hold their breath or widely swing their arms and legs. Children between the ages of one and four experience the...
- Dr. Mary C. Lamia PH.D.1030 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. Kentfield California 94904
- Dr. Karyn Sue Goldberg-Boltz PH.D.2930 Camino Diablo Walnut Creek California 94597
- Dr. Carole Petiet PHD2340 Ward St Berkeley CA 94705
- Dr. Stancil Joseph lister Hutchinson PSY.D.730 Alhambra Blvd. Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Alex Wang PH.D.1100 Sanchez St San Francisco CA 94114
- Dr. Myriam J Sollman PHD505 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143