Richard H. Bensimon, MD, is Director of Plastic Surgery at Pearl Women's Center in Portland, Oregon.Â In practice since 1987, Dr. Bensimon served asÂ surgical director of a refugee camp hospital on the Thailand-Cambodian border before returning to a prestigious plastic surgery fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center.Â Dr. Bensimon is known for his skin-saving mastectomy procedure, which helps breast cancer patients recover quicker.Â He is also one of a few practicing theÂ Hetter Peel, a state-of-the-art procedure that effectively alters textural changes in the skin resulting from aging.Â At Pearl, Dr. Bensimon conducts breast surgeries, and other aesthetic surgeries to the body and face.Â
Education and Training
University of Michigan Medical School
American Board of Plastic Surgery - Plastic Surgery
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Best Plastic Surgeon- Fairfield County, 2006-2007
- Columbia Presbyterian Hospital (Surgery)
- Montefiore Medical Center (Plastic Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons, New England Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Connecticut Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Massachusetts Society of Plastic Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
Good Training From Columbia, his Inquisitive Mind, his Continuous Need to Expand his Field of Knowledge, and his Meticulous Attention to Detail.
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Sailing, Scuba Diving
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery
Dr. Richard H. Bensimon M.D. BOARD CERTIFIED's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Richard H. Bensimon M.D. BOARD CERTIFIED | Plastic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Richard H. Bensimon M.D. BOARD CERTIFIED's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bensimon
- What Is Lipoma: Causes, Lipoma Removal, and What’s Involved?
What is a lipoma?Lipoma is the most common benign tissue tumor that occurs in almost 1 percent of the population. A lipoma consists of mature fat cells. Typically, a lipoma is enclosed by a thin fibrous capsule. Usually, lipomas develop superficially under the skin, but they can also occur anywhere...
- Breast Augmentation: What Are Silicone Implants?
Silicone breast implantsSilicone gel-filled implants have an outer shell made of silicone. The gel has a natural feel just like a natural breast. The silicone gel has a shell that prevents the breast implant from collapsing.If you go for silicone implants, you will need to pay regular visits to your...
- How to Prepare Before Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is performed to alter the appearance of a human body. It is performed by professional surgeons to achieve the desired look or figure. Each patient will have their own idea about how they should look after undergoing plastic surgery.There are different types of plastic surgeries...
- What Are the Benefits of Botox?
Since its invention in the 1980s, Botox has become one of the most popular cosmetic procedures for anyone who wants to look younger. Initially used for treating spastic eyelids, this procedure has come a long way in treating many a problems with beauty. It is considered to be the best in anti-aging...
- Thinking About Getting a Nose Job? Here is What You Need to Know
What is it? Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure done to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. This is a cosmetic surgery done for people who are unhappy with the way their nose looks, or to correct certain deformities which resulted from injuries to their nose...
- How is Laser Skin Resurfacing Useful?
Laser resurfacing is a cosmetic procedure that removes layers of the skin, and allows new skin to take its place. The new skin is supposed to look more youthful. In this technique, a short pulsating stream of laser is focused on the uneven skin. It is also known by other names including laser peel,...
- Dr. Karl O. Wustrack M.D.1830 BLANKENSHIP RD WEST LINN OR 97068
- Dr. Allen Gabriel MD505 Northeast 87th Avenue Vancouver Washington 98664
- Dr. Michael F. Bohley M.D.,P.C.10201 SE MAIN ST STE 20 PORTLAND OR 97216
- Dr. Juliana Ehrman Hansen MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Henry Daniel Zegzula M.D.1200 NW Naito Pkwy Portland OR 97209
- Dr. Clifford Steven Canepa MD5050 NE HOYT ST PORTLAND OR 97213