Dr. Alisa Kim serves as the Maryland Eye Center's Medical Director.
Dr. Kim was educated at some of the finest eye health schools in the country: University of California San Francisco's internship program, UCLA's Jules Stein Eye Institute, and the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University. Following her fellowship at Hopkins, Dr. Kim was on their faculty, where she served as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology. She was also one of the primary corneal laser surgeons at this facility. An expert in corneal, cataract, and laser vision surgery; Dr. Kim has authored numerous articles and chapters on the subject. She also lectures internationally and in the United States on these topics.
The Maryland Eye Center has two locations at:
2403 Research Blvd, Suite 102
Rockville, MD 20850
5454 Wisconsin Ave. #1030
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
Education and Training
Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
American Board of Ophthalmology - Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Wilmer Eye Institute- Full Time Faculty, 2005 -
- Health Grades Recognized Doctor
- UCLA Medical Center
- University of California Los Angeles Medical Center - Jules Stein Eye Institute
- University of California San Francisco Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (Cornea, external disease, cataract, and refractive surgery)
Dr. Alisa Kim M.D.'s Practice location
Rockville, Maryland 20850Get Direction
Bethesda, MD 20817Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alisa Kim M.D. | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alisa Kim M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kim
- Living with Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 diabetesType 1 diabetes, which is also called insulin-dependent diabetes, is the more severe form of diabetes. Type 1 diabetes develops at any age, but it usually develops among children and teenagers. This is the reason why it is also commonly called “juvenile” diabetes.Living with type...
- What is Conjunctivitis: The Facts
Conjunctivitis is a condition that most commonly appears in the human eyeball, specifically in the front of the eye. Conjunctivitis can be seen when the white part of the eye turns red or pink. Most people think that red eye can appear if they don’t sleep enough, but they might not actually be...
- How is Conjunctivitis Contracted?
Conjunctivitis is a very common and unpleasant condition, especially for people that use contact lenses. Children can be equally affected by this disease, as well as adults. People who have conjunctivitis, also known as pink eye, can transmit the disease to their family or friends or anyone else...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Dr. Kenneth Schwartz MD5454 Wisconsin Ave Chevy Chase MD 20815
- Dr. Nancy Ann Tanchel M.D.8321 Old Courthouse Rd Vienna VA 22182
- Dr. Anna Park MD106 Irving St Nw Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Craig Geist M.D.2150 Pennsylvania Ave Nw Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Marshall Phillip Keys MD121 Congressional Ln Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Jeevan Mathura MD2150 Pennsylvania Ave Nw Washington DC 20037