I am a licensed psychologist who specializes in treating children, adolescents and adults who are struggling with anorexia or bulimia as well as other psychiatric conditions such as depression and anxiety. I gained my clinical experience and expertise by working as a primary therapist on the Eating Disorders Unit at the University Medical Center at Princeton. I am committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment in order to help my patients identify the underlying issues contributing to their eating disorder as well as develop healthy coping skills.
I utilize an integrative treatment approach involving both psychodynamic as well as cognitive behavioral therapy. I also incorporate mindfulness and distress tolerance skills into my practice. In addition, I provide individual, marital and family therapy.
I also provide consultations and evaluations for patients seeking bariatric surgery and can provide follow up care as needed.
Education and Training
American School of Professional Psychology
Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures in Middle/High Schools -
- University Medical Center at Princeton- Eating Disorders Unit- Residency
- Eating Disorders, Depression, Anxiety, Mood Disorders, Adjustment Disorders, Grief and Loss, and Infertility
- Princeton House Behavioral Health- Internship
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
- National Eating Disorders Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Dedication, Passion, and Patience
Areas of research
Etiology and treatment of eating disorders
Teaching and speaking
Lectures Locally in Middle and High Schools
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending time with her husband, friends, family and dogs, Beach, Tennis
Favorite professional publications
- Psychology Journal
- University Medical Center at Princeton
Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD.'s Practice location
Princeton, New Jersey 08542 Get Direction
PRINCETON, NJ 08540 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Extrinsic Motivation?
IntroductionExtrinsic motivation is defined as a reward-driven behavior and is considered as a type of operant conditioning, which is a form of behavior modification that would make use of rewards and punishments. When we talk about extrinsic motivation, it involves the use of rewards or other...
- Taming Your Child's Temper Tantrum
Temper TantrumsTemper tantrums have been defined by experts as an unplanned display of anger or emotions by children. Children will often whine, scream, or cry during a tantrum. They may hold their breath or widely swing their arms and legs. Children between the ages of one and four experience the...
- Can Adults have Autism?
You will get a lot of information online on how to determine autism in child, as it can be easily noticed in children as young as 24 months old. What about autism in adults? Adults are not immune to autism and its effects either.At present, thousands of adults suffer from untreated autism and face...
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- What Exactly Is an Orgasm?
An orgasm is the peak of sexual excitement in both men and women. It is often stimulated by genital pleasure and followed by an ejaculation in men. Sometimes, orgasm is called climaxing or coming. The heart beats faster and breathing gets heavier and quicker when you have an orgasm.In women, orgasms...
- The Types of Procrastinators – Which Type Are You?
Are you the rare one? The one who does not put things off to the last minute? The one who does not procrastinate? I guess not! You would not be reading this if you are that rare person. It is very likely that you procrastinate just like me. Don’t we all do it?...
- Dr. Hue-sun Ahn PH.D. 145 Witherspoon Street Princeton NJ 08540
- Dr. Sharon H Press PHD 601 Ewing Street Princeton NJ 08542
- Dr. Gina A Buck PH.D. 10 Schalks Crossing Road Plainsboro NJ 08536
- Dr. Ronit Yael Levy PSY.D. 4 Terry Drive Newtown PA 18940
- Dr. Daniel P. Davis PH.D. 100 American Metro Blvd Trenton NJ 08619
- Dr. John Hans Rathauser PH.D. 3270 State Route 27 Kendall Park New Jersey 08824