I am a licensed psychologist who specializes in treating children, adolescents and adults who are struggling with anorexia or bulimia as well as other psychiatric conditions such as depression and anxiety. I gained my clinical experience and expertise by working as a primary therapist on the Eating Disorders Unit at the University Medical Center at Princeton. I am committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment in order to help my patients identify the underlying issues contributing to their eating disorder as well as develop healthy coping skills.
I utilize an integrative treatment approach involving both psychodynamic as well as cognitive behavioral therapy. I also incorporate mindfulness and distress tolerance skills into my practice. In addition, I provide individual, marital and family therapy.
I also provide consultations and evaluations for patients seeking bariatric surgery and can provide follow up care as needed.
Education and Training
American School of Professional Psychology
Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures in Middle/High Schools -
- University Medical Center at Princeton- Eating Disorders Unit- Residency
- Eating Disorders, Depression, Anxiety, Mood Disorders, Adjustment Disorders, Grief and Loss, and Infertility
- Princeton House Behavioral Health- Internship
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
- National Eating Disorders Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Dedication, Passion, and Patience
Areas of research
Etiology and treatment of eating disorders
Teaching and speaking
Lectures Locally in Middle and High Schools
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending time with her husband, friends, family and dogs, Beach, Tennis
Favorite professional publications
- Psychology Journal
- University Medical Center at Princeton
Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD.'s Practice location
Princeton, NJ 08542 Get Direction
PRINCETON, NJ 08540 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Sixteen-year-old Student with Autism Wins Half-Marathon on First Try
Competing in a half-marathon is a feat for everyone involved; there are immense pressures and completing all those miles is extremely grueling. Just to finish is impressive, but winning the race is astounding. What makes such a thing even more remarkable? Winning with autism. Logan Thomas is only...
- Why Do Hallucinations Happen?
IntroductionHallucinations are sensations that people perceive as real, but in reality, are only created by their mind. A person's five senses are often affected. Examples are hearing voices without anyone around or seeing images that are not real. Such symptoms are may due to mental illnesses, drug...
- Depression and Sex: How Depression Can Affect Your Sex Life
Maslow’s theory of needs describes sex as one of the basic requirements of human beings. The feelings of pleasure and contentment experienced during sex are rooted in the brain. Contrary to popular belief, our brain is the primary sex organ. When an individual indulges in sexual activity, our sex...
- Teen with Autism Chosen to Sing at Carnegie Hall
Singing at Carnegie Hall is a massive accomplishment for any musician, but Ting Perlis could be especially proud of the feat as she is one of the few people with autism to be invited to sing at the prestigious performance center. However, she needed monetary assistance to make it there, and called...
- The Top 10 Health Threats For Men
Here is a list of the top 10 dangerous diseases men can face in their lifetime. Don't be alarmed; many of these diseases are preventable and treatable. 1. Heart attack and cardiac arrestHeart attacks are caused by a blockage of any arteries that supply blood to the heart. Arteries can get clogged...
- What Are the Treatment Options for ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may affect different aspects of life, including personality, work, and relationships. Getting the right treatment is crucial in managing ADHD. Many studies have been conducted to investigate the efficacy of different treatment options for ADHD. Two...
- Dr. Sharon H Press PHD 601 Ewing St Princeton NJ 08542
- Dr. Gina A Buck PH.D. 10 Schalks Crossing Rd Plainsboro NJ 08536
- Dr. Hue-sun Ahn PH.D. 145 Witherspoon Street Princeton NJ 08540
- Dr. Ronit Yael Levy PSY.D. 4 Terry Drive Newtown PA 18940
- Dr. Daniel P. Davis PH.D. 100 American Metro Blvd Trenton NJ 08619
- Dr. John Hans Rathauser PH.D. 3270 Rte 27 Kendall Park NJ 08824