I am a licensed psychologist who specializes in treating children, adolescents and adults who are struggling with anorexia or bulimia as well as other psychiatric conditions such as depression and anxiety. I gained my clinical experience and expertise by working as a primary therapist on the Eating Disorders Unit at the University Medical Center at Princeton. I am committed to providing a safe and nurturing environment in order to help my patients identify the underlying issues contributing to their eating disorder as well as develop healthy coping skills.
I utilize an integrative treatment approach involving both psychodynamic as well as cognitive behavioral therapy. I also incorporate mindfulness and distress tolerance skills into my practice. In addition, I provide individual, marital and family therapy.
I also provide consultations and evaluations for patients seeking bariatric surgery and can provide follow up care as needed.
Education and Training
American School of Professional Psychology
Licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures in Middle/High Schools -
- University Medical Center at Princeton- Eating Disorders Unit- Residency
- Eating Disorders, Depression, Anxiety, Mood Disorders, Adjustment Disorders, Grief and Loss, and Infertility
- Princeton House Behavioral Health- Internship
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association
- National Eating Disorders Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Dedication, Passion, and Patience
Areas of research
Etiology and treatment of eating disorders
Teaching and speaking
Lectures Locally in Middle and High Schools
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Spending time with her husband, friends, family and dogs, Beach, Tennis
Favorite professional publications
- Psychology Journal
- University Medical Center at Princeton
Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD.'s Practice location
Princeton, New Jersey 08542Get Direction
PRINCETON, NJ 08540Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Margo L. Hurewitz PSYD.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- Josh Duggar: Sex Addiction
The Duggar Family The story about the Duggar family began decades ago on a hot summer day in July 1984, when 19-year-old Jim Bob Duggar and 17-year-old Michelle got married. They were young, enthusiastic, and in love. They couldn’t have dreamed that one day, they will end up on a reality TV show...
- What are the Symptoms of Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a chronic mental disorder characterized by distorted and abnormal understandings and interpretations of reality. This is a severe form of a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks and expresses himself or herself. As the person fails to understand reality, he or she...
- What Causes Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious disorder which affects how a person thinks, acts and feels. It is best described as a mental disorder which is characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real....
- Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction Is Psychological
It has become a popular myth that watching too much of pornography can cause an erectile dysfunction in men. Many men, who are addicted to porn, are reported to have a porn-induced erectile dysfunction. There are many doctors and reports that explain that this disease is rather psychological in...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- Dr. Ronit Yael Levy PSY.D. 4 Terry Drive Newtown PA 18940
- Dr. Hue-sun Ahn PH.D.145 Witherspoon Street Princeton NJ 08540
- Dr. Sharon H Press PHD601 Ewing Street Princeton NJ 08542
- Dr. Gina A Buck PH.D.10 Schalks Crossing Road Plainsboro NJ 08536
- Jasdeep Hundal10 Plum Street, 5th Floor New Brunswick New Jersey (NJ) 08901
- Dr. Daniel P. Davis PH.D.100 American Metro Blvd Trenton NJ 08619