Leila Saavedra Charlemagne
Psychologist100 Northeast 38th Street Suite 5 Miami Florida, 33137
Leila T. Saavedra, PsyD, is Director of Behavioral Health for Borinquen Medical Centers ofï¿½Miami Dade in Miami, Florida. She specializes in working with patients with substance abuse issues, and is in charge out an outpatient substance abuse program for the center. She also specializes in dialetical behavioral therapy, a multi-part therapy technique used in those with bi-polar disorder.ï¿½
Education and Training
Carlos Albizu University
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Behavioral Health, Borinquen -
- Program Director- STOPP Program -
- Pace Setter Award- Borinquen Medical
- SAMHSA Science and Service Award- 2010
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, Florida Psychological Association
Articles and Publications
- Destination Translation of Sentence Completion- The Translation of SCT 75
What do you attribute your success to?
Her mother's emphasis on education
Hobbies / Sports
- Music, Movies, Zumba
Favorite professional publications
- APA Monitor
Leila Saavedra Charlemagne's Practice location
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- The Signs of Being a Sapiosexual
What does it mean to be a sapiosexual?Sapiosexual is described as someone who finds intelligence and the human mind as the most sexually attractive feature of the opposite sex. It means that you may love someone based on his or her intellectual capability. It is a neologism, which originated from...
- How to Handle the Most Challenging Autism Behaviors
There will be difficult moments while raising a child with autism that a parent will find hard to deal with. However, there are certain situations that can be resolved with patience and knowledge of autism and how it can affect someone. By understanding what the child is feeling when they are...
- Top 7 Depression Myths and Misconceptions Debunked
Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses experienced by people, and just like any other illness, this condition is also accompanied by certain myths and misconceptions. These are the most common myths surrounding depression today....
- How Poetry Enables Children with Autism to Educate Others
It can be very difficult for children with autism to be understood by their classmates and peers, but recently some have been turning to poetry.Jadon's PoemCandace Thompson recently submitted a poem by her son Jadon, who is 11 years old and on the autism spectrum. When asked what inspired him to...
- Meet the Team Behind Sesame's Street's Special Needs Character: Julia
Sesame Street is a wildly popular educational TV series that began to shape our culture on November 10th, 1969. Since then, it has been a long-time favorite of both children and adults. The show combines puppetry, dialogue, and comedy to help educate children on topics such as the alphabet, numbers,...
- Dr. Lata Sonpal PH. D.,FCHT7700 N Kendall Dr Miami FL 33156
- Norman Goldwasser975 West 41st Street Miami Beach Florida 33140
- Nancy Bacher2999 Northeast 191st Street Aventura Florida 33180
- Daniella Renee Lang3375 SW 75th Ave Davie FL 33314
- Dr. Sigal Levy PH.D.2699 Stirling Road Fort Lauderdale FL 33312
- Dr. Jeheudi Mes Onyemachi Vuai ED. D.11098 BISCAYNE BLVD MIAMI FL 33161