Julie M. Johns, DO, FACOEP, is the associate pediatric medical director of EmCare in Phoenix, Arizona. EmCare is a leading provider of physicians for emergency departments in hospitals across nearly 40 states. Dr. Johns provides pediatric and adult emergency services, for those in dire medical situations. She also works on behalf of the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians, teaching emergency medicine techniques.
Education and Training
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Teaches for the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians and for the hospital -
- St. Barnabas Hospital
- St. Barnabas Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Alpha Omega Alpha, American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
She likes what she does and had great mentor and opportunities.
Teaching and speaking
She has spoken for the American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians and for the hospital.
Hobbies / Sports
- Swimming, Kayaking, Traveling, Spending Time with my Family
Favorite professional publications
- Annals of Emergency Medicine
Julie M. Johns's Practice location
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Julie M. Johns | Emergency Physician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Julie M. Johns's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Copperhead Snake Bites: What Does It Look Like?
Copperhead snake bites are one of the frequently reported snakebites annually. However, they are rarely fatal. Most of the time, snakebites happen when people accidentally step on or touch snakes, which are excellent at blending into their surroundings. When copperhead snakes are disturbed, they...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- What Could Uncontrollable Shivering Mean?
Uncontrollable shivering is characterized by the rapid shifting between muscle relaxation and contraction. It is through these contractions that the body warms itself up when exposed to cold. Shivering is not always accompanied by fever. In some cases, shivering may occur before the onset of...
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
Leukocyte Esterase Urine TestLeukocyte esterase (LE) is an esterase produced by white blood cells (WBCs) or leukocytes. A leukocyte esterase test is a urine test used to detect the presence of white blood cells and other health conditions associated with infection.Normally, leukocyte esterase...
- Chikungunya Fever: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
Introduction Chikungunya is a viral infection that is transmitted by mosquitoes. The chikungunya virus causes a sudden onset of fever along with severe joint pain. The illness is not considered as contagious, but in rare instances, the virus can get transmitted through contact with a person's...
- Dr. Nishant Anand M.D.1300 N 12th St Phoenix AZ 85006
- Dr. Christopher A Lipinski M.D.5777 E Mayo Blvd Phoenix AZ 85054
- Dr. Joseph K Lobl M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Dr. Dany Kin moon Quan D.O.3217 E Shea Blvd Phoenix AZ 85028
- Dr. Katherine Ann Mitzel DO19829 N 27th Ave Phoenix AZ 85027
- Dr. Andrzej Dmowski MD1300 N 12th St Phoenix AZ 85006