Dr. Dennis DiSantis is a gastroenterologist practicing in Decatur, Georgia. Dr. DiSantis specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. DiSantis performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Dr. Dennis Ernest DiSantis M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1969
American Board of Internal Medicine-Internal Medicine
Dr. Dennis Ernest DiSantis M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Acid reflux can cause throat irritation which can be due to reflux Laryngopharyngitis. However the symptoms need further evaluation by an ENT specialist and endoscopy to rule out other causes. READ MORE
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Formally an Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine in Gastroenterology at Emory University -
- Army Commendation Award- 1976
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Hamot Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
What do you attribute your success to?
People to people skills, education, and passion for the industry.
Teaching and speaking
Clinical Professor at Emory University.
Hobbies / Sports
- Fly Fishing, Jazz Music, Sports Cars, Skiing
Dr. Dennis Ernest DiSantis M.D.'s Practice location
- What is the Best Diet Plan for Ulcerative Colitis?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic disease characterized by inflammation and ulcer formation in the lining of the large intestine, including the colon and rectum. This condition together with other diseases of the large intestine, like Crohn’s disease, is referred to inflammatory bowel disease. These...
- The Use of Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a chronic, inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation in the digestive tract. It is usually only in the innermost lining of the large intestine (colon) and rectum. It ranges from mild to severe. Ulcerative colitis is usually not a very serious condition and as...
- What Is Cholera: Get the Facts
Cholera is a very dangerous disease, which is caused by the bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Someone infected with cholera experiences painless and watery diarrhea. Due to continuous diarrhea, one is likely to develop dehydration which can result in death. Many people who get cholera happen to...
- What Causes Constipation?
What is constipation?Constipation is defined as not being able to pass stools in a regular manner, or being unable to fully empty your bowels. Most people experience constipation only for a short period of time. However, it can be a chronic condition to some.Chronic constipation can result in...
- IBD and IBS: What’s the Difference?
When discussing different medical conditions, it’s easy to get caught up in all of the terminology. Multisyllabic words and acronyms seem to cover the pages of researchers’ reports on various medical conditions, and this can sometimes make it difficult to understand what is really being...
- Where Does Cholera Commonly Occur?
What is cholera?Cholera is any of the several acute infectious diseases occurring in humans and domestic animals that are caused by the bacterium vibrio cholerae. Cholera is caused by taking in water or food that has been contaminated by the vibrio cholerae bacteria.Cholera is characterized by...
- Dr. Eugene Harold Hirsh M.D.5669 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Manan B Shah M.D.95 Collier Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Marc Bryan Sonenshine MD980 Johnson Ferry Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Agnes Han M.D.960 Johnson Ferry Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Dr. Charles Fox MD550 Peachtree St Ne Atlanta GA 30308
- Dr. Kelly L Carson M.D.5669 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342