Steven E. Lo
Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Floor 7-PHC Washington District of Columbia, 20007
Steven E. Lo, MD, works at Medstar Georgetown University Hospital as a Neurologist and Movement Disorder Specialist in Washington D.C. Prior to working at Georgetown, Dr. Lo completed a medicine internship at the University of Illinois at Chicago, a neurology residency program at the University of Chicago, and a movement disorders fellowship at Columbia University Medical Center. With an extensive background in education, Dr. Lo is an asset to the Georgetown University Hospital faculty; aside from practicing in his field, Dr. Lo is an Associate Professor in the Department of Neurology within Georgetown University.
Education and Training
State University of New York at Buffalo
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny MD
University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences 1996
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Neurology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assitant Professor, Department of Neurology, Georgetown University Hospital -
- 2010 Top Rated Doctors, Northern Virginia Magazine
- Parkinson's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Parkinson's disease, Dystonia, Movement Disorders
- Columbia University Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, Movement Disorder Society
What do you attribute your success to?
A sturdy work ethic and a willingness to listen.
Teaching and speaking
Associate Professor of Neurology at Georgetown University.
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking, Travel, Spending Time with his Family Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- Movement Disorder
Steven E. Lo's Practice location
Washington, District of Columbia 20007Get Direction
Steven E. Lo's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lo
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Does MS Worsen Over Time? How to Cope with MS
The number of multiple sclerosis patients may not be known, since it is a condition that is not easily diagnosed due to symptoms being unapparent, and because there is no strict requirement for physicians to report cases within their practice. However, it is believed that 2.3 million and more...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- This Is How Parkinson's Affects Life Expectancy
When anyone talks about any chronic disease like Parkinson’s, perhaps the most important question that comes to mind is how does it affect life expectancy? However, living for a long time is not the only important thing.Another critical question is, what are the problems that affect the quality of...
- Misuse of Antipsychotic Drugs in Nursing Homes Makes Dementia Patients Zombie-Like
When nursing home residents recalled not being able to think properly, staying awake, and speaking incoherently, their children knew there was a problem. Recently, a CNN investigation has found that nursing homes often give dementia patients antipsychotic drugs without any proper diagnosis of a...
- Pavel Klein Other6410 Rockledge Dr Bethesda MD 20817
- Maris Stella Legarda3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Richard Monti M.D.3020 Hamaker Ct Ste 400 Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Michael R. Yochelson MD102 Irving Street Northwest Washington DC 20010
- Dr. Peter Bernad M.D., M.P.H., FACP2112 F St NW Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Syed W Asad M.D.7500 Greenway Center Dr Greenbelt MD 20770