Dr. Shatishkumar Patel is a nephrologist practicing in Houston, Texas. Dr. Patel specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Patel most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University of Nairobi
Univ of Nairobi, Coll of Hlth Sci, Nairobi, Kenya 1990
University of Nairobi School of Medicine 1990
American Board of Internal Medicine- Nephrology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Honors from Atrium Medical Centers- 2010
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Nephrology; St Vincent Hosp, Internal Medicine
- University of Virginia Program
- St. Vincent's Hospital
- University of Virginia
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Nephrology, Renal Physicians Association, Texas Medical Association, Harris County Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Teaching and speaking
Locally with pharmaceutical companies.
Hobbies / Sports
- Golfing, Hiking, Birdwatching
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Society of Nephrology
- West Houston Methodist Hospital
- Atrium Medical Center
- Triumph Medical Center
Dr. Shatishkumar Y. Patel M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, Texas 77074Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Shatishkumar Y. Patel M.D. | Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Shatishkumar Y. Patel M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- What Is Rhabdomyolysis: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
IntroductionRhabdomyolysis is a complex medical condition that involves a rapid destruction of the skeletal muscle tissues along with the release of muscle proteins and other muscle cell contents to leak outside of the cells and into the bloodstream. This leakage includes the following muscle...
- How to Prevent UTIs
A urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common infection in any part of the urinary or renal system (urethra, ureters, bladder, and kidneys). In fact, it is the second most common type of infection among adults. Besides being responsible for over 8 million visits to healthcare professionals every year,...
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- Namrata Sharma Goel7015 Almeda Rd Houston TX 77054
- Dr. Joshua A. Samuels M.D.6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Pinakin R Patel MD1170 Blalock Rd Houston TX 77055
- Dr. Rupal S. Patel M.D.7015 Almeda Houston TX 77054
- Mr. Henry Muniz MD8876 Gulf Fwy Houston TX 77017
- Mr. Eric J Faust MD8876 Gulf Fwy Houston TX 77017