Dr. Elias Debbas is a general surgeon practicing in Fort Washington, Maryland. Dr. Debbas specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Debbas provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Abbasia Fac of Med, Univ of Ain Shams 1960
University Of Cairo Faculty Of Medicine 1960
American Board of Surgery
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Breast Cancer
- Inguinal Hernia
- Sebaceous Cyst
- St Vincent'S Hsp & M C-Ny, General Surgery
- St Vincent's East Program
Professional Society Memberships
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, Fellow of the International College of Surgeons, American Society of Breast Surgeons, American Society of General Surgeons
What do you attribute your success to?
Caring and loves what he does.
Hobbies / Sports
- Scuba Diving
Dr. Elias George Debbas MD's Practice location
Fort Washington, Maryland 20744Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Elias George Debbas MD | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Elias George Debbas MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Partial Hysterectomy?
In a Complete Hysterectomy, both the Uterus and Cervix are removed to afford symptomatic relief to the patient. When the Cervix remains in the pelvic region after surgery, it then becomes a Partial or Supracervical hysterectomy. The kind of surgery that one opts for is wholly dependent on the health...
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: Can I Afford It?
Gastric bypass surgery has become a popular weight loss procedure, and can be considered the gold standard for weight loss surgeries. However, the cost of gastric bypass surgery is sky-high, and this is one of most common factors taken into consideration ahead of surgery.In the normal digestive...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- Femoral Hernia: Get the Facts
Our human bodies are a complex network of nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and visceral organs. While our skin is the outermost layer holding everything together, on the inside, it is a network of strong muscle fibers that hold all our internal organs in place. A hernia occurs when there is a weak...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anal Fissures
An anal fissure is a linear tear in the skin of the distal anal canal below the dentate line. Millions of people suffer from painful bowel movements due to anal fissures.This condition is commonly experienced by young people, but it can also be found in grown men and women. The most common symptom...
- Dr. Diana Caragacianu MD5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington DC 20016
- Dr. Kanene V. Ubesie M.D.3300 Gallows Rd Falls Church VA 22042
- Dr. Bharat Ranganath M.D.2300 M St NW Washington DC 20037
- Dr. Adeel Ahmed Shamim M.DHoward University Hospital Dept Of Surgery Washington DC 20060
- Dr. Puja Gaur Khaitan M.D.110 IRVING ST NW STE G253 WASHINGTON DC 20010
- Dr. Hasan A Zia MD5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington DC 20016