Dr. John Duckworth is a pathologist practicing in Nesbit, Mississippi. Dr. Duckworth is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Duckworth can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Duckworth may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
University of Tennessee
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Program Director University of Tennessee 2003-2011 -
- University of Tennessee
- Greenville General Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- College of American Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
His wife was his primary motivation.
Hobbies / Sports
- Backpacking, Flying
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of the American Medical Association
- Methodist Health Care System
John K. Duckworth's Practice location
Nesbit, Mississippi 38651Get Direction
John K. Duckworth's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- What Is Prostate Cancer: Get the Facts
Cancer has become one of the most dangerous infections in the world. Various medical researches have shown that cancer problems have increased drastically over the last few weeks. These infections have posed a big threat to the community since most of them require serious treatment. The treatment is...
- Alternative Treatments for Cholera
Alternative Treatments for CholeraCholera is one of the most dangerous infectious diseases around the world, occurring mostly in Africa and other areas with a similar climate. The infection is mostly found in areas with extraordinarily high populations and poor sanitation services.Cholera is caused...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Armita Bahrami3876 Walnut Grove Rd Memphis Tennessee 38111
- Dr. Dwight Adair Morris D.D.S.780 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis TN 38120
- Gordon Ernest Gruen D.D.S.780 Ridge Lake Blvd. Memphis TN 38120
- Dr. Chad Richard Rund DO150 Collins St Memphis TN 38112
- Dr. Russell C Peck D.D.S.766 S White Station Rd Memphis TN 38117
- Dr. Gordon G Wang M.D.150 Collins St Memphis TN 38112