Board Certified, Amer Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Board Certified Clinical Neurophysiology and Epilepsy
Board certified, Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine
Board Certified Sleep Medicine
Fellowship trained, Vascular Neurology
Education and Training
De La Salle University
De La Salle Health Sciences Institute College of Medicine 1992
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 2000
American Board of Psychology and Neurology- Neurology
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Clinical Neurophysiology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectures on Neurological Disorders locally -
- Sleep Apnea
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Sleep Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Vascular Disease
- Allegheny Gen Hospital 1994
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
- Allegheny General Hospital
- General Neurology and Sleep Disorders
- The Western Pennsylvania Hospital
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (Cerebrovascular Diseases), Medical University of South Carolina (Neurophysiology), Cleveland Clinic Foundation (Sleep Disorders)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, American Medical Society, Arizona Neurology Society, American Headache Society
Articles and Publications
- Published in several neurology journals
What do you attribute your success to?
Passion for the Industry and Excellent Patient Care.
Stongly supports the Colon Cancer Foundation
Teaching and speaking
Lectured on variety of topics including insomnia, multiple sclerosis, parkinson's disease, alzheimer's dementia, sleep apnea, and migraine
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Cruising around the world
Hobbies / Sports
- Biking, Reading, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Paradise Valley Hospital
- Scottsdale Healthcare
- Shea Medical Center
- Osborn Medical Center
- Banner Desert Medical Center
Dr. Jose Z. DeOcampo M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jose Z. DeOcampo M.D. | Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jose Z. DeOcampo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Is Sarcoidosis Diagnosed?
What is sarcoidosis?Sarcoidosis is an inflammatory disease, which is characterized by the growth of granulomas or tiny collections of inflammatory cells in various parts of the body. When the immune system is slowed down and when these numerous clumps form, they tend to interfere with the organ’s...
- What Are the Causes and Treatment of Somnolence?
What is somnolence?Somnolence is the medical term used when a person is close to falling asleep or is in a state of sleepiness. In such case, the person is not able to resist the urge of sleeping or dozing off. A person taking many psychiatric medications for bipolar disorder or any other mental...
- Researchers Understand More About Why Brain Cells Die in Parkinson's Disease
One of the significant hurdles in finding the treatment of any of the neurodegenerative diseases is the limited knowledge regarding the underlying mechanism. It is known that Parkinson’s and many other neurodegenerative disorders occur due to the buildup of malformed proteins. In the case of...
- Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Therapy Receives Rare Pediatric Disease Designation
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy is characterized by progressive muscle degeneration paired with weakness. This is caused by the lack of dystrophin. This protein is the key to muscles staying strong and uninjured. This disorder is typically found when a person is very young, as early as three years...
- Recently Approved Multiple Sclerosis Drug Shows Promise
Only 50 years ago, there was no way possible to treat multiple sclerosis. Then, in the mid-1970s, a team of researchers and doctors used chemotherapy for the first time to treat the neurological disease. Since that first treatment, more than 10 new drugs have been developed and approved. Some of...
- Teen Designs Word Search Puzzle for Grandmother with Alzheimer’s
Mary Pegg Frates, 86, used to herself occupied with solving word search puzzles. However, it became increasingly difficult to enjoy it when the letters became too small for her to read. Seventeen-year-old John Frates knew that he had to step up and find a solution for his grandmother.His touching...
- Dr. Constantine G. Moschonas M.D.9746 North 90th Place Scottsdale Arizona 85258
- Dr. Ales Hlubocky M.D.2423 West Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85021
- Dr. Asad Ehtisham MD1980 Tybee Lane Lake Charles LA 70605
- Melanie B. Alarcio2812 N Norwalk Mesa AZ 85215
- Dr. Erich Peter Bosch M.D.5777 East Mayo Blvd. Phoenix Arizona 85259
- Dr. Srijana Zarkou M.D.13400 E Shea Blvd Scottsdale AZ 85259