Jiafan Liu, PhD, MD studies cytohistology at the AW Cytohistology Lab in Bakersfield, California. Most of his effort has being devoted to diagnosis cancers in various organ systems, especially those in breast, female reproductive tract and GI tract. Fine needle aspiration/biopsy is an integrated study of cells and tissues in order to help diagnosis of cancer at early stage. Dr. Liu is well known for low mistake rate and he really enjoys the moments that he can accurately identify cancer cells among abundant non-specific background. He believes that the best way to fight cancer is to find them as early as possible. Dr. Liu obtained a PhD as well at the Medical College of Ohio in cancer genetics research.
Education and Training
Second Military Medical University
AP/CP Certified- American Board of Pathology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Top Doctors Award, 2011
- Top 5 Research Abstract at CAP' 2004
Professional Society Memberships
- College of American Pathologists
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Precision and Consistency
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Badminton, Ping-pong
Favorite professional publications
- Pathology Journals
Jiafan Liu's Practice location
Bakersfield, California 93301Get Direction
Jiafan Liu's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Are There Vaccines Available For Cholera?
What Is Cholera?Cholera is an infectious disease that affects mostly the intestines, but causes complications to the rest of the body. Once a person suffers from cholera, the first parts of the body to be affected are the intestines. It is an infection caused by a bacteria known as the Vibrio...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Dr. Phillip Yun Chen M.D.1700 C ST BAKERSFIELD CA 93301
- Dr. Linda Pauleen Veneman MD2801 H St Bakersfield CA 93301
- Dr. Savita Prasad Shertukde Other1830 Flower St Bakersfield CA 93305
- Dr. Steven P Fogel M.D.2615 Eye St Bakersfield CA 93301
- Dr. Elizabeth Shizuko Akiyama M.D.3000 SILLECT AVE BAKERSFIELD CA 93308
- Dr. William R Schmalhorst MD2801 H St Bakersfield CA 93301