Wilhelmina Hernandez, MD, is a Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics fellow at Boston Medical Center. This Center is known for its extremely busy trauma unit and for treating the under-served, with 70% of its patients coming from these types of populations.
Education and Training
Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra
American Board of Internal Medicine - Pediatrics
Wilhelmina Hernandez's Expert Contributions
The first workup for Diurnal eneuresis should include a Urinanlysis to rule out any medical or organic issue causing it. DE may be related to behavioral issues or situational. Please assess what is happening prior to the accident and the consequence afterwards. This may help understand the behavior of allowing these accidents to happen. He may not be aware that this is a voluntary action. Counseling may help him identify what the underlying issue is. DE is inherited in 10% of the cases and family members may relate to his situation if it happened to them. Hope this helps. All the best, Wilhelmina READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, Bronx NY (2007);, New York Medical College/Metropolitan Hospital, New York NY (2008), Lincoln Medical and Mental Health Center, Bronx NY (2009)
- Boston Medical Center (to be completed in 2012)
Professional Society Memberships
- Research for Child Behavioral Pediatricians, American Association of Pediatricians, Society of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatricians
Articles and Publications
- 1 book chapter, 2 articles
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
- Dancing, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- American Association of Pediatricians, Journal of the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatricians
Wilhelmina Hernandez's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Wilhelmina Hernandez | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Wilhelmina Hernandez's reviewsWrite Review
- Autism: The Early Signs and Symptoms
Social DifficultiesSocial disconnection is one of the most obvious signs of autism. Children with autism may appear uninterested, or unable to communicate and connect to the social world. Children with autism may not respond to their name being called, and may seem very distant. This is because they...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- 10 Tips for New Autism Parents
When you are raising children, an autism diagnosis can knock you off your feet. It means lifestyle change, not only for you and your child but for your whole family.If your child has just been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), you understand exactly what we are talking about.At this...
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- Why Are My Eyes Yellow and What Do Yellow Eyes Indicate?
Eyes speak a thousand words. This statement is not just used to describe the beauty of the eyes, but it's even true when it comes to indicating the health of the body. Our eyes can be a clear reflection of how we feel on the inside. White, clear and shiny eyes, as you would see in a baby, indicate...
- What to Expect at Your Child's First Pediatrician Visit
There are parents who seem to be a little nervous when it's time for their child's first pediatrician visit. But don't worry, knowing what to expect and being prepared ahead of time can make the most of your child's first doctor's appointment. Most parents schedule their baby's first doctor's...
- Dr. William D. Singer M.D.42 Washington Street Wellesley Hills Massachusetts 2481
- Dr. Gloria A. Rudisch M.D.11 Pierce Street Brookline Massachusetts 02445
- Dr. Jocelyn R. Healey MD223 Chief Justice Cushing Highway Cohasset Massachusetts 02025
- Alan Minoru Fujii1 Boston Medical Center Place Boston Massachusetts 2118
- Dr. Jeanette Adele Callahan MD1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02139
- Peter K. Harvie55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 2114