Donald A. Baldovin
Anesthesiologist475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York, 10305
Donald A. Baldovin, MD, is currently practicing at Staten Island University Hospital in New York. A premier anesthesiologist, he has also studied pediatrics and internal medicine. He is Board eligible for emergency medicine and has served Staten Island University Hospital for over 25 years. Educated in Guadalajara initially, he is a published author in the United States with an entry in the Dermatology Times on preparing patients for surgery. He lectured as well in the early 2000's on the preparation of plastic surgery patients for procedures. Dr. Baldovin is someone who has spent time in almost every specialty of medicine and he brings a unique perspective to anesthesiology. Update: Dr. Baldovin unfortunately passed away July 2014.
Donald A. Baldovin's Videos
Education and Training
Autonomous University of Guadalajara
American Board of Anesthesia - Anesthesiology
Board Eligible - Emergency Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectured in the early 2000's on prepping patients for surgery -
- Commemoration for 25 Years of Service, Staten Island University Hospital
- Top Doc Award, Castleton
- Brookdale Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Albert Einstein Medical Center (Pain Medicine, Pediatrics)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, American College of Emergency Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Dermatology Times, Preparation of Patients for Surgery
What do you attribute your success to?
Dedication and passion for the field, Perseverance, and adaptability
Hobbies / Sports
- Piano, Traveling, Sports, Spending time with his children
Favorite professional publications
- Anesthesiology News
Donald A. Baldovin's Practice location
Staten Island, New York 10305Get Direction
- What is Interstitial Cystitis?
Interstitial cystitis, also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic condition of the urinary bladder that causes extreme pain and discomfort. It mostly affects women, but may be seen in men as well. Interstitial cystitis often causes mild to severe pain in and around the pelvic area....
- Wilms Tumor Facts
Wilms TumorWilms tumor, also called as nephroblastoma, is a type of cancerous tumor in the kidneys. The name of the disease comes from a German doctor named Max Wilms, who wrote about it in 1899. Children ages 3-4 years old are more likely to develop Wilms tumor.Wilms tumor accounts for around 9 out...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Chandrakant M. Patel M.D.581 Bergen Blvd Ridgefield NJ 07657
- Dr. Wael Elkholy MD1907 Oak Tree Rd Edison NJ 08820
- Dr. Garnett Carlton Headley MD423 East 23rd Street New York New York 10010
- Dr. David G. Conyack D.O.200 S ORANGE AVE LIVINGSTON NJ 07039
- Dr. Joseph Schianodicola MD506 6th Street Brooklyn New York 11215
- Dr. Brian Bannister MD883 Poole Ave Hazlet NJ 07730