Donald A. Baldovin, MD, is currently practicing at Staten Island University Hospital in New York. A premier anesthesiologist, he has also studied pediatrics and internal medicine. He is Board eligible for emergency medicine and has served Staten Island University Hospital for over 25 years. Educated in Guadalajara initially, he is a published author in the United States with an entry in the Dermatology Times on preparing patients for surgery. He lectured as well in the early 2000's on the preparation of plastic surgery patients for procedures. Dr. Baldovin is someone who has spent time in almost every specialty of medicine and he brings a unique perspective to anesthesiology.Update: Dr. Baldovin unfortunately passed away July 2014.
Education and Training
Autonomous University of Guadalajara
American Board of Anesthesia - Anesthesiology
Board Eligible - Emergency Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Lectured in the early 2000's on prepping patients for surgery -
- Commemoration for 25 Years of Service, Staten Island University Hospital
- Top Doc Award, Castleton
- Montefiore Medical Center (Anesthesiology)
- Brookdale Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- Albert Einstein Medical Center (Pain Medicine, Pediatrics)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, American College of Emergency Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Dermatology Times, Preparation of Patients for Surgery
What do you attribute your success to?
Dedication and passion for the field, Perseverance, and adaptability
Hobbies / Sports
- Piano, Traveling, Sports, Spending time with his children
Favorite professional publications
- Anesthesiology News
- Staten Island University Hospital
Donald A. Baldovin's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Donald A. Baldovin | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Donald A. Baldovin's reviewsWrite Review
- Is a High-Protein Diet Right for Me?
A high-protein diet is yet another weight-loss regimen in which about 50% of the calories are obtained from protein in one's diet. Proteins for the diet include fish, skinless chicken, pork, and low-fat dairy. The carbohydrates used in this diet are rich in fibers, like whole grains, vegetables, and...
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer, or hepatic cancer, is one of the most common forms of cancer. It is caused by abnormal growth and division of cells of the organ. This cancer may develop in the liver or spread from other organs of the body. Many of the liver cancers are spread from other parts of the body and are...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Chandrakant M. Patel M.D.25 Rockwood Place Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Dr. David G. Conyack D.O.200 South Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07052
- Dr. Garnett Carlton Headley MD423 East 23rd Street New York New York 10010
- Dr. Joseph Schianodicola MD506 6th Street Brooklyn New York 11215
- Dr. Brian Bannister MD405 Northfield Avenue West Orange NJ 07052
- Mohammed Enamul Hoque1545 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn New York 11213