Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Education and Training
University of Zurich
Cardiology and Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Program University Health Network / Peter Munk Cardiac Centre 2006 - 2016
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- University Hospital; Zurich, Switzerland
- Pediatric Cardiology Fellowship; Hospital for Sick Children, Adult Congenital Heart Disease Training; Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults
Articles and Publications
- Over 90 Articles in Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Klaassen S, Probst S, Oechslin E, Gerull B, Krings G, Schuler P, Greutmann M, Hrlimann D, Yegitbasi M, Pons L, Gramlich M, Drenckhahn JD, Heuser A, Berger F, Jenni R, Thierfelder L. Mutations in sarc
- Kaemmerer H, Bauer U, Pensl U, Oechslin E, Gravenhorst V, Franke A, Hager A, Balling G, Hauser M, Eicken, A, Hess J. Management of emergencies in adults with congenital heart disease. Am J Cardiol 200
- Collins N, Piran S, Harrison J, Azevedo E, Oechslin E, Silversides CK. Prevalence and determinants of anemia in adults with complex congenital heart disease and ventricular dysfunction (subaortic righ
- Kovacs AH, Saidi AS, Kuhl EA, Sears SF, Silversides C, Harrison JL, Ong L, Colman J, Oechslin E, Nolan RP. Depression and anxiety in adult congenital heart disease: Predictors and prevalence. Int J Ca
What do you attribute your success to?
Balanced Personality, Detail Oriented, Respects Patients
Areas of research
Long-term Outome in Congenital Heart Disease
Pulmonary hypertension in congenital heart disease
Cyanotic congenital heart disease
Non-compaction of the left ventricular myocardium
Hobbies / Sports
- Musician; Plays Trombone
Favorite professional publications
- European Heart Journal
- University Health Network
Erwin N. Oechslin's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Erwin N. Oechslin | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Erwin N. Oechslin's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Normal Heart Rate?
What is heart rate?The heart rate is the number of heartbeats that occur per minute. The normal heart rate depends from person-to-person. As people get older, the heart rate changes and pulse regularity may change, which can signify heart problems or other medical conditions. Your heart rate may...
- What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation also called A-Fib is a condition of the heart which causes irregular heartbeats or arrhythmia. It causes abnormal vibrations in the atria chamber of the heart and also the ventricle chamber. In a healthy human heart, the...
- What Is Orthopnea?
OrthopneaOrthopnea is a condition that causes breathing difficulties when an individual is lying down. It usually happens at night when the person is going to sleep. People with orthopnea usually experience tightness in the chest and being oxygen-deficit. The shortness of breath is due to lying down...
- What Are the Major Warning Signs of a Stroke?
A stroke is one of the leading causes of death in the country. A stroke can be fatal if not treated immediately. Strokes can lead to disabilities, and affect the quality of life of a person considerably. Recognizing the symptoms and responding to the immediate needs is what is important in the...
- Men Who Do Not Have Children Are at Risk for Heart Disease
A new study has show that men who do not have children are more likely to die from a heart complication or condition, when compared to men who did have children. In this study, the researchers followed more than 135,000 older men for a decade to observe the impact of fatherhood on health. Study...
- What Are the Health Benefits of Flax Seeds?
Numerous products that contain flax seeds are now hitting the market every other day and claim to provide additional health benefits. Flax seeds are now hailed as the new super food that helps to fight a number of diseases, including heart diseases, diabetes, and cancer. Although these seeds have...
- Abdulwahab A. Arrazaghi1920 Ellesemere Road Toronto Ontario M1H2V6
- Ivan Likar207-77 Queensway W Mississauga Ontario L5B 1B7
- James E. Calvin8 Commissioners St. Toronto Ontario M4M 1N7
- Gordon W. Moe30 Bond Street Toronto Ontario M5B 1W8
- Dr. Giridhar Logsetty M.D.2475 BLOOR ST WEST TORONTO CA / ONTARIO M6S 1
- Samuel chi bun Siu M.D.TORONTO GENERAL PMCC 3-526 TORONTO ON M5G2C