Implants, Crowns and Bridges. Specialty Dentures, Cosmetic Fillings,
Veneers, Whitening, Bonding
Dr. David A. Slaughter DDS's Videos
Education and Training
University of Texas Dental Branch
Dr. David A. Slaughter DDS's Expert Contributions
When someone’s teeth show signs of extreme wear, not only can it be very uncomfortable and affect whole body health, but restoring the teeth to their natural state can be very difficult and very expensive. Fortunately, advances in dentistry have been huge over the past decade thanks to...
Yes, but see an Endodontist READ MORE
Yes READ MORE
Go back to the oral surgeon and they will “pack” it with a medicated gauze and the pain will go away almost immediately. READ MORE
Absolutely. READ MORE
Using custom trays with prescription strength fluoride might help, crest makes "sensitivity strips" or possibly you could need tissue grafting. Of course, speak with your dentist to make sure something more serious isn't going on. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- New Dentist of the Year, Capital Area, 2003
- Super Dentist, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Texas Monthly, top dentist 4 years running.
- Consumers Research Council top dentists
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, Texas Dentist Association, Capital Area Dental Society, Academy of General Dentistry; Faculty Club at the Spear Dental Education center in Scottsdale, Arizona?as well as acting as a study club leader for a Spear study club, Austin, Tx
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard work and continuing education
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Golf
Dr. David A. Slaughter DDS's Practice location
Austin, Texas 78717Get Direction
AUSTIN, TX 78750Get Direction
- Oral Hygiene and Overall Health
Maintaining oral hygiene is very important for overall health; it does far more just keeping a bright smile. Good oral hygiene can reduce the risk of serious conditions like heart diseases, and may also preserve memory as people age. Dental health may affect overall health in six different ways,...
- What are Canker Sores?
Canker sores are small, painful ulcers that develop in the lining of the mouth. These are one of the most common mouth ulcers, and the sores make eating difficult. Studies show that about 20% of the population suffer from these painful sores. Canker sores are classified into simple and complex...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Illinois Dental Practice Offers Sleep Apnea Treatment
There are a few options for treating sleep apnea. The most common that many people are familiar with is using a CPAP machine. CPAP machines work wonders for most patients. Some patients choose to get surgery to try to correct the problem. The least known treatment for sleep apnea can...
- What Is Dry Socket?
What is Dry Socket?Getting a tooth extracted is far from being an enjoyable experience for anyone, and no doubt that after the extraction, one feels discomfort for some time. However, if the pain remains even after a few days, it should be seen as a tip-off of an oral condition called dry socket.Dry...
- Drinking Sports Drinks Can Lead to Tooth Erosion
According to a new study presented at the International Association for Dental Research in Miami, some of the popular sports drinks contain high levels of acid that can lead to tooth erosion, hypersensitivity, and staining. Researchers from the New York University report that the drink may also...
- Dr. Max Kerr DDS920 N. Vista Ridge Blvd Cedar Park TX 78613
- Dr. Kenneth Kassabian D.D.S.3300 Bee Caves Rd. Austin TX 78746
- Dr. Ronald B. Cass DDS, FAGD7011 Hart Ln Austin Texas 78731
- Dr. Shirley Tharwat Hamamcy D.M.D.12920 W PARMER LN CEDAR PARK TX 78613
- Kate Zoumboukos DMD6000 W William Cannon Dr Austin TX 78749
- Dr. Brandon C. Hedgecock D.D.S.5920 W William Cannon Dr Austin TX 78749