Francis Palumbo, MD, FAAP, works at Spring Valley Pediatrics in Washington DC. Spring Valley Pediatrics, along with every one of their physicians, were recognized as Top Doctor for 2010 in the Washingtonian Magazine. He served as the Director of Georgetown?s Children & Youth Ambulatory Services for 10 years before entering private practice. Dr. Palumbo has also served as an advisor for the American Academy of Pediatrics, where he has appeared before Congress as an expert child advocate on the Task Force on Children and Television.
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Georgetown University Biology 1968
Georgetown University School of Medicine M.D. 1972
American Board of Pediatrics
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor at Georgetown University -
- Local Public Speaking -
- Outstanding Community Service, Georgetown University School of Medicine Alumni 2010
- Doctor of the Year 2012 Georgetown Clinical Society
- Castle Connolly's Top Doctors™ 2013 Castle Connolly
- Top Doctor Award Washingtonian Magazine
- Prenatal Visits
- Newborn Care In The Hospital
- Well Child Care
- Sick Visits
- Travel Consultations
- Allergy Shots
- School, Camp, And Sports Physical Examinations
- Clinical Laboratory
- Professional Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Professional Member Georgetown Clinical Scoiety
- Professional Member Georgetown University Board of Governors
- Professional Member American Osteopathic Association
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, AOA Society of Georgetown 2013
What do you attribute your success to?
Attributes his success to his hard work
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Pediatrics
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palumbo
- The Burden of ADHD
Although a child might not feel any different after being diagnosed with ADHD, the diagnosis truly affects his or her parents. For parentsYou will probably require special training by a specialist in ADHD to learn how to cope with your child’s condition. The specialist who diagnosed your child...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- What is Diaper Rash?
Diaper rash is a skin problem that develops in the area beneath the diaper. Appearance of this condition ranges from irritated, reddish skin to pimples and blisters in the diaper area. In mild cases, the skin will be slightly reddish in color and warm to touch. For some infants, it appears in the...
- Are There Natural Ways to Boost the Immune System?
Herbs in small doses are proper medicines. Our ancient ancestors, knowing of the powers of herbs, collected them in a particular accordance with motions of the Moon and Sun.Today, scientists have learned almost everything about all the possible influences of herbs on our body and are aware of...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- Sawsan Attia Talib5791 Winston Court Alexandria Virginia 22311
- Bahman Shahin8294 A Old Courthouse Road Vienna Virginia 22182
- Dr. Asek Nelson Makia M.D.10274 Lake Arbor Way Bowie MD 20721
- Dr. Kadan C. Sau M.D.2415 Musgrove Road Silver Spring Maryland 20904
- Dr. Kenneth Michael Hoffman M.D., M.P.H.9006 WOODYARD RD CLINTON MD 20735
- Ildiko V. Kunos3800 Resevoir Road Northwest Washington DC 20007