Francis Palumbo, MD, FAAP, works at Spring Valley Pediatrics in Washington DC. Spring Valley Pediatrics, alongwith every one oftheir physicians, were recognized as Top Doctor for 2010 in the Washingtonian Magazine.He served as the Director of Georgetown?s Children & Youth Ambulatory Services for 10 years before enteringprivate practice. Dr. Palumbo has also served as an advisor for the American Academy of Pediatrics, where hehas appeared before Congress as an expert child advocate on the Task Force on Children and Television.
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Georgetown University Biology 1968
Georgetown University School of Medicine M.D. 1972
American Board of Pediatrics
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor at Georgetown University -
- Local Public Speaking -
- Outstanding Community Service, Georgetown University School of Medicine Alumni 2010
- Doctor of the Year2012Georgetown Clinical Society
- Castle Connolly's Top Doctors™ 2013Castle Connolly
- Top Doctor AwardWashingtonian Magazine
- Prenatal Visits
- Newborn Care In The Hospital
- Well Child Care
- Sick Visits
- Travel Consultations
- Allergy Shots
- School, Camp, And Sports Physical Examinations
- Clinical Laboratory
- Professional MemberAmerican Academy of Pediatrics
- Professional MemberGeorgetown Clinical Scoiety
- Professional MemberGeorgetown University Board of Governors
- Professional MemberAmerican Osteopathic Association
- Georgetown University Pediatrics1975
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, AOA Society of Georgetown 2013
What do you attribute your success to?
Attributes his success to his hard work
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Pediatrics
- Georgetown Hospital
- Sibley Hospital
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D. | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palumbo
- How Does Chicken Pox Spread?
Chicken pox is an infectious disease which affects mostly children under the age of 15, but it can even affect adults. Given the number of infections per year, it is like a rite of passage for every growing child.Symptoms of chicken pox The symptoms of chicken pox include:...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids are able to imagine them...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- How Often Should a Newborn Poop?
First-time parents may wonder how often their newborn should poop and what a normal newborn poop would look like. A baby’s health can be best indicated by a baby’s bowel movement, but new parents may not know what to expect. For this reason, new parents become unsure and apprehensive during...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Boys and Girls Experience Autism Differently, Study Finds
When it comes to the treatment of autism, researchers are still struggling to fully understand what options are best. In addition to learning how to treat the symptoms of autism, doctors are also still trying to figure out exactly what causes the condition to develop in certain children. While there...
- Sawsan Attia Talib 5791 Winston Court Alexandria Virginia 22311
- Bahman Shahin 8294 A Old Courthouse Road Vienna Virginia 22182
- Dr. Kenneth Michael Hoffman M.D., M.P.H. 121 Old Solomans Island Road Annapolis Maryland 21401
- Ildiko V. Kunos 3800 Resevoir Road Northwest Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Smita Mengers MD 19803 Executive Park Circle Germantown Maryland 20874
- Dr. Kadan C. Sau M.D. 2415 Musgrove Road Silver Spring Maryland 20904