Francis Palumbo, MD, FAAP, works at Spring Valley Pediatrics in Washington DC. Spring Valley Pediatrics, along with every one of their physicians, were recognized as Top Doctor for 2010 in the Washingtonian Magazine. He served as the Director of Georgetown?s Children & Youth Ambulatory Services for 10 years before entering private practice. Dr. Palumbo has also served as an advisor for the American Academy of Pediatrics, where he has appeared before Congress as an expert child advocate on the Task Force on Children and Television.
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Georgetown University Biology 1968
Georgetown University School of Medicine M.D. 1972
American Board of Pediatrics
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor at Georgetown University -
- Local Public Speaking -
- Outstanding Community Service, Georgetown University School of Medicine Alumni 2010
- Doctor of the Year 2012 Georgetown Clinical Society
- Castle Connolly's Top Doctors™ 2013 Castle Connolly
- Top Doctor Award Washingtonian Magazine
- Prenatal Visits
- Newborn Care In The Hospital
- Well Child Care
- Sick Visits
- Travel Consultations
- Allergy Shots
- School, Camp, And Sports Physical Examinations
- Clinical Laboratory
- Professional Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Professional Member Georgetown Clinical Scoiety
- Professional Member Georgetown University Board of Governors
- Professional Member American Osteopathic Association
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, AOA Society of Georgetown 2013
What do you attribute your success to?
Attributes his success to his hard work
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Pediatrics
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palumbo
- Autism Is Not a Problem
There is something which affects nearly everyone with autism. It is the thought, or other people’s words, that being on the spectrum is a bad thing. This is not so.Unfortunately, many people take the view that being on the spectrum is bad, that it makes the person less of a person, or that it is a...
- Head Motions Offer Insight into Autism for Girls
Autism was always considered to be a boy’s disorder. Girls are diagnosed with autism, too, but at a much lower rate; five times as many boys are diagnosed with autism as are girls.That may not necessarily be because boys have autism more frequently than girls, though. It is possible that girls...
- Autism: Why Does Oxytocin Treatment Help Only Some Children?
For parents, treating their children is the most important task possible. However, it can often be immensely confusing when certain treatments and medications are saviors for some children while hardly affecting others. Oxytocin is one of these treatments that has seen a wide range of responses...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- Rubella Symptoms and Treatment
What is rubella?Rubella is a contagious viral disease that is characterized by red rashes on the skin. The condition is also called German measles, although it is not caused by the virus that causes measles. Aside from a widespread skin rash, individuals who have rubella also have swollen lymph...
- What Is Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (BPD)?
Bronchopulmonary DysplasiaPremature infants who have problems in their respiratory system have an increased risk of bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD), which is also called chronic lung disease. Bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) can be a serious condition, which needs intensive treatment. This...
- Sawsan Attia Talib5791 Winston Court Alexandria Virginia 22311
- Bahman Shahin8294 A Old Courthouse Road Vienna Virginia 22182
- Dr. Asek Nelson Makia M.D.10274 Lake Arbor Way Bowie MD 20721
- Dr. Kadan C. Sau M.D.2415 Musgrove Road Silver Spring Maryland 20904
- Dr. Kenneth Michael Hoffman M.D., M.P.H.9006 WOODYARD RD CLINTON MD 20735
- Ildiko V. Kunos3800 Resevoir Road Northwest Washington DC 20007