Francis Palumbo, MD, FAAP, works at Spring Valley Pediatrics in Washington DC. Spring Valley Pediatrics, alongwith every one oftheir physicians, were recognized as Top Doctor for 2010 in the Washingtonian Magazine.He served as the Director of Georgetown?s Children & Youth Ambulatory Services for 10 years before enteringprivate practice. Dr. Palumbo has also served as an advisor for the American Academy of Pediatrics, where hehas appeared before Congress as an expert child advocate on the Task Force on Children and Television.
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Georgetown University Biology 1968
Georgetown University School of Medicine M.D. 1972
American Board of Pediatrics
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor at Georgetown University -
- Local Public Speaking -
- Outstanding Community Service, Georgetown University School of Medicine Alumni 2010
- Doctor of the Year 2012 Georgetown Clinical Society
- Castle Connolly's Top Doctors™ 2013 Castle Connolly
- Top Doctor Award Washingtonian Magazine
- Prenatal Visits
- Newborn Care In The Hospital
- Well Child Care
- Sick Visits
- Travel Consultations
- Allergy Shots
- School, Camp, And Sports Physical Examinations
- Clinical Laboratory
- Professional Member American Academy of Pediatrics
- Professional Member Georgetown Clinical Scoiety
- Professional Member Georgetown University Board of Governors
- Professional Member American Osteopathic Association
- Georgetown University Pediatrics 1975
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Pediatrics, AOA Society of Georgetown 2013
What do you attribute your success to?
Attributes his success to his hard work
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Pediatrics
- Georgetown Hospital
- Sibley Hospital
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D. | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Francis M. Palumbo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Palumbo
- How to Get Rid of Smegma?
What is Smegma?In uncircumcised males, smegma is a sebaceous matter made up of oil and dead skin cells, which accumulates under the foreskin. In females, it accumulates around the folds of the labia. It is not a serious condition and not a sexually transmitted infection. However, a smegma buildup...
- What Is ADHD: Get the Facts
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder often referred to as ADHS is a detrimental brain condition characterized by a continuous pattern of impulsivity, inattention or hyperactivity. All these symptoms interrupt the patient’s developmental growth:...
- Facts About Autism
Autism affects both boys and girlsAutism affects one out of every 42 boys in America, and in total, 1 in 52 children in America is diagnosed with autism. As the disease is growing globally, it is important to know that treating the disease can be costly, both financially and...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- What Is the Babinski Reflex?
Reflexes Seen in NewbornsMuch of a baby's activity during the first few weeks of life is reflexive. When you put your finger in your baby's mouth, your baby would automatically suck on it by reflex. Your baby would not think of what to do but rather respond according to reflexes. When exposed to a...
- Century-Old Drug Could Be a New Approach to Autism Treatment
What is suramin?Suramin is a drug that was developed about 100 years ago to treat parasite-borne illnesses such as African sleeping sickness and river blindness. The drug has been around since then, and is actually relatively cheap to manufacture and distribute. A single one-month dose to treat one...
- Sawsan Attia Talib5791 Winston Court Alexandria Virginia 22311
- Bahman Shahin8294 A Old Courthouse Road Vienna Virginia 22182
- Dr. Kadan C. Sau M.D.2415 Musgrove Road Silver Spring Maryland 20904
- Dr. Kenneth Michael Hoffman M.D., M.P.H.121 Old Solomans Island Road Annapolis Maryland 21401
- Ildiko V. Kunos3800 Resevoir Road Northwest Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Lloyd M. Charles, Jr. MD9662 Pennsylvania Avenue Upper Marlboro Maryland 20772