Scott Patterson, MD, GCP, FAPA, has a practice with his wife, Eleanor Brower in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Patterson has had a long psychiatric career, and was in private practice from the 1978-1991. For 2 years, he was Director of the ICU at Georgia State Mental Hospital, and was also an Assistant Professor of Student Affairs at the University of Georgia from 1969-1975. During his undergraduate career, he was the first recipient of the George F. Baker Foundation Scholarship at Vanderbilt University. His work has been published in the Medical Association of Georgia Journal, and he participates in numerous consultations on behavior. Dr. Patterson enjoys treating patients with emotional and physical turmoil, helping them work through the pain in their lives.
Education and Training
Medical College of Georgia
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local speaking for patient education -
- George F. Baker Foundation Scholarship, 1st Recipient
- Honor Council, Medical College of Georgia
- George Peabody Award
- Emory University (Clinical Psychiatry)
- Medical College of Georgia (Internal Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Group Therapy Association, International Group Therapy Association, American Psychiatric Association, Southern Medical Association, Medical Association of Georgia, Medical Association of Atlanta
What do you attribute your success to?
Having a passion for his work, Helping people eliminate pain from their lives.
Hobbies / Sports
- Swimming, Water Aerobics
Favorite professional publications
- Cleveland Clinic Journal, Mayo Clinic Journal, UCLA Journal, Johns Hopkins Journals
- Piedmont Hospital
Scott Patterson's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Scott Patterson | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Scott Patterson's reviewsWrite Review
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- What Are Different Cognitive Behavioral Techniques?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an effective way of treating several mental conditions such as:...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- What Is Seasonal Affective Disorder?
Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD is a type of depression that comes and goes with the seasons. It starts during winter, usually stemming from a low amount of natural sunlight and is often lifted in the months of summer or spring. The symptoms often can begin in autumn as the days start getting...
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- Dr. RICHARD HUNTER MD3583 Dumbarton Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30327
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Rausch MD4233 Pleasant Hill Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Angel Luis Perez MD1365 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Scott Firestone MD550 Peachtree Street Atlanta Georgia 30308
- Dr. Elizabeth Boswell M.D.1355 Peachtree St Ne Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Gregory Alan Haley M.D.3033 N Decatur Rd Scottdale GA 30079