Scott Patterson, MD, GCP, FAPA, has a practice with his wife, Eleanor Brower in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Patterson has had a long psychiatric career, and was in private practice from the 1978-1991. For 2 years, he was Director of the ICU at Georgia State Mental Hospital, and was also an Assistant Professor of Student Affairs at the University of Georgia from 1969-1975. During his undergraduate career, he was the first recipient of the George F. Baker Foundation Scholarship at Vanderbilt University. His work has been published in the Medical Association of Georgia Journal, and he participates in numerous consultations on behavior. Dr. Patterson enjoys treating patients with emotional and physical turmoil, helping them work through the pain in their lives.
Education and Training
Medical College of Georgia
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local speaking for patient education -
- George F. Baker Foundation Scholarship, 1st Recipient
- Honor Council, Medical College of Georgia
- George Peabody Award
- Emory University (Clinical Psychiatry)
- Medical College of Georgia (Internal Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Group Therapy Association, International Group Therapy Association, American Psychiatric Association, Southern Medical Association, Medical Association of Georgia, Medical Association of Atlanta
What do you attribute your success to?
Having a passion for his work, Helping people eliminate pain from their lives.
Hobbies / Sports
- Swimming, Water Aerobics
Favorite professional publications
- Cleveland Clinic Journal, Mayo Clinic Journal, UCLA Journal, Johns Hopkins Journals
- Piedmont Hospital
Scott Patterson's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Scott Patterson | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Scott Patterson's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are Hallucinations?
In psychiatry, hallucinations are defined as a perception experienced in the absence of an external stimulus to the corresponding sense organ. In simple terms, hallucinations are when people see, hear, feel, smell, or taste things that really don’t exist outside of their minds. For a...
- Side Effects of Trintellix
What is Trintellix?Trintellix is an antidepressant used for the treatment of a type of mental disorder called major depressive disorder (MDD). The common side effects of this medication are:...
- How Is ADHD Diagnosed?
If you think the symptoms you’re experiencing are related to the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), you may need to consult your medical practitioner. If you’re bothered by your child’s condition, it would be wise talking to the teachers before seeking medical attention. This...
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- What Is Akathisia and How to Treat It?
What is akathisia?Akathisia is a medical condition that causes an individual to feel restless along with a constant urge to move. The term akathisia is derived from the Greek word akathemi, which would mean "to never sit down".Akathisia occurs as a side effect of first-generation or older...
- ADHD: How it Impacts the Family
Any negative medical condition suffered by one family member usually carries over to the rest of the family. How an ADHD diagnosis can affect the whole familyOnce a child, teenager, or even an adult, is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact of the diagnosis will be felt by the entire family. Furthermore,...
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Rausch MD 4233 Pleasant Hill Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Angel Luis Perez MD 1365 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Scott Firestone MD 550 Peachtree Street Atlanta Georgia 30308
- Dr. Elizabeth Boswell M.D. 1355 Peachtree St Ne Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Gregory Alan Haley M.D. 3033 N Decatur Rd Scottdale GA 30079
- Dr. Cassandra L Wanzo MD 1996 Cliff Valley Way Ne Atlanta GA 30329