Thomas T. Henderson M.D.
Ophthalmologist3410 Far West Boulevard Suite 140 Austin Texas, 78731
Thomas Henderson, MD, works at the Eye Clinic of Austin in Texas. Dr. Henderson has performed over 11,000 LASIK and cataract procedures and is skilled in alternative vision correction technologies, premium cataract surgery, and lens replacement; to name a few. Through his experience and commitment to his patients, he is proud to have been mentioned in Texas Monthly magazine, being rewarded Texas Super Doctor in 2004, 2008, 2009, and most recently in 2011. Dr. Henderson has also been annually awarded the honor of being one of the Best Doctors of America, in regard to both awards only five percent of Texas doctors receive this honor each year. Outside of his practice, he has also been Chief of Staff for HealthSouth Surgical Hospital (now Northwest Hills Surgical Hospital), as well as Chief of Ophthalmology at St. David’s Medical Center.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
Louisiana State University B.S. Psychology 1969
University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas M.D. 1973
American Board of Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local and Regional Public Speaking -
- Best Doctor in America, annually since 1996
- Lasik Eye Surgery
- Laser Cataract Surgery
- Cataract Surgery Lenses
- Eye Exams
- Prescription Glasses
- All Microinvasive Glaucoma Surgeries
- Macular Degeneration
- Treatment of Earliest Stages of Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Corneal Transplant
- Professional Member American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Professional Member American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Professional Member American College of Eye Surgeons
- University of California
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American Academy of Ophthalmology, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, President of Austin Ophthalmological Society, Texas Medical Association, Texas Ophthalmological Association, Travis County Medical Society
What do you attribute your success to?
Dr. Henderson attributes his success to his focus on his patients, doing the right thing and doing it well, and his honesty.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Thomas T. Henderson M.D.'s Practice location
Austin, Texas 78731Get Direction
Thomas T. Henderson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Henderson
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Diabetic retinopathy is a long-term complication of diabetes that affects the eyes. The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that diabetic retinopathy is responsible for 4 percent of the 45 million cases of blindness throughout the world. It is caused by a damage to the blood vessels of the...
- What is Blepharitis?
What is Blepharitis?Blepharitis is the inflammation of the eyelids, usually affecting both of the eyelids where eyelashes grow.The inflammation of the eyelids is often a chronic medical condition, which is very hard to treat. Blepharitis is a condition that does not affect vision. It is also not...
- In Plain Sight: Vision Changes Linked to Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder that affects the nervous system. It is characterized by gradual death and breakdown of nerve cells in the brain resulting in the decreased production of a chemical messenger called dopamine. Reduced dopamine levels cause abnormal...
- Lasik Eye Surgery for Astigmatism
Astigmatism is one of the most common eye disorders affecting huge swaths of the population where the skewed curvature of the corneal surface creates blurred images of near and distant objects. In the normal course, astigmatism goes hand in hand with varying degrees of nearsightedness (myopia) and...
- Everything You Need to Know About Cataract Surgery
What is a cataract?Sometimes there is a clouding of the lens in the eye; this clouding is called a cataract. Mostly, this clouding is related to old age. In fact, the majority of Americans aged 80 and above have experienced this clouding or have already undergone a cataract surgery at a particular...
- Dr. Joseph Meyer M.D.1880 ROUND ROCK AVE ROUND ROCK TX 78681
- Dr. Jose Martinez MD801 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Natalie Stanciu M.D.5656 Bee Caves Rd West Lake Hills TX 78746
- Dr. Mark A Plunkett MD5011 Burnet Rd Austin TX 78756
- Dr. Thomas Richard Walters MD5717 BALCONES DR AUSTIN TX 78731
- Dr. Russell A Hayhurst M.D.901 W 38th St Austin TX 78705