Sean Hamilton, MD, works at the Victoria Vein and Surgery Clinic in Texas. He was the first surgeon in the Crossroads area to perform the VNUS closure procedure; which is a minimally invasive treatment option for venous reflux and varicose veins. Dr. Hamilton has a particular interest in venous disorders and clinically treats venous diseases along in addition to his general surgery practice. Dr. Hamilton spends his spare time at many other hospitals and centers providing patients with health care; including Citizens Medical Center. Citizens Medical Center is a 344-bed acute care hospital, providing Victoria and South Texas with the first new federally-approved accreditation program in more than 30 years.
Education and Training
Medical College of Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 2000
Board Certified in General Surgery and Phlebology- American Board of Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- He Speaks Intermittently Locally with the Community. -
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (dvt)
- Vascular Disease
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- St. Josephs Hospital
- University of Colorado
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Phlebology, Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons Inc., American Medical Association, American College of Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- He writes for the Community Paper and the Victoria Magazine
What do you attribute your success to?
Dr. Hamilton attributes his success to his perseverance.
Hobbies / Sports
- Photography, Road Biking, and Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the Surgical Clinics of North America, Phlebology Journal
Dr. Sean M. Hamilton M.D.'s Practice location
Victoria, Texas 77901Get Direction
Victoria, TX 77901Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sean M. Hamilton M.D. | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sean M. Hamilton M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Does My Diet Raise My Risk of Getting Appendicitis?
The appendix found in the human body was long the subject of debate among doctors all over the world in their journals and reviews. However, very few of these debates have turned out to be worthy of serious consideration because the majority of doctors have conceded the fact that the appendix serves...
- What are Kidney Stones: Get the Facts
Kidney stones is a condition that's rate of infection is increasing every day especially in people aged between 20 and 40 years old. Statistics have indicated that around 20 percent of the world's population suffer from kidney stones. Among these, 20 percent are men while 10 percent are women. ...
- Gallbladder Surgery: Its Possible Complications
Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery is a surgical procedure used to remove gallstones or a damaged gallbladder. Also known as cholecystectomy, it involves making small incisions in the abdomen. Your abdomen is inflated with carbon dioxide or air during the procedure to enable the surgeon to get a clear...
- How to Prepare for a Tonsillectomy
What Is a Tonsillectomy?The tonsils are a very important part of your body. They are located in two glands at the back of your throat. In your younger years, they help produce antibodies that help you fight infections that attack your body. Sometimes, however, the tonsils themselves can get...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Cholecystectomy
Cholecystectomy is a surgical procedure performed to remove a damaged gallbladder. The gallbladder is a small pouch-like organ found in the upper right part of your belly. The main function of the gallbladder is to store bile, which is a digestive fluid used in the breakdown of fats. Specifically,...
- Dr. William Jordan Wagner M.D.125 Riata Victoria Texas 77901
- Dr. Andrew Clemmons D.O.2700 Hospital Dr Victoria TX 77901
- Dr. John Edward Barber M.D.2700 Citizens Plz Victoria TX 77901
- Dr. Matthew Theophil Janzow M.D.601 E San Antonio St Victoria TX 77901
- Dr. Brian Dean Mcdaniel D.O.2705 Hospital Dr Victoria TX 77901
- Dr. Stephen Thorsheim Hougen M.D.2705 Hospital Dr Victoria TX 77901