Dean Leonard, DDS, MS, works for Alpha Orthodontics in Minnesota. Dr. Leonard is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, the highest designation that an orthodontist can achieve, and the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association. Dr. Leonard was honored at a recent SureSmile® Conference, and recognized as a top doctor in his profession. To uphold his success and high standards he believes in continuing his professional education; in which he regularly attends educational programs and has a special interest in facial aesthetics and advanced treatment methods. Dr. Leonard is also a certified Invisalign and iBraces orthodontist, this enables him to create a perfect smile with non-visible treatments and without braces.
Dean P. Leonard's Videos
Education and Training
University of Minnesota
American Board of Orthodontics
American Board of General Dentistry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Diplomate from American Board of Orthodontics
- SureSmile Practice of the Year
- University of Minnesota
Professional Society Memberships
- World Federation of Orthodontists, American Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, Schulman Study Group
What do you attribute your success to?
Dr. Leonard attributes his success to the good education that he received and his hard work.
Teaching and speaking
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading and Gardening
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
Dean P. Leonard's Practice location
- What Is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling is an age-old Ayurvedic remedy that is getting a lot of attention these days as more and more people become health conscious. This Ayurvedic remedy is known as a detoxification procedure that keeps your teeth and mouth healthy. Although there are not that many formal scientific studies...
- Invasive Dental Treatments May Increase the Risk of Heart Disease
Invasive dental treatments, like tooth extractions, may increase the risk of heart disease or stroke, according to a new study published in, Annals of Internal Medicine. The results show the risk as a short-term one, which can return back to normal after six months.Earlier studies have shown a link...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Drinking Sports Drinks Can Lead to Tooth Erosion
According to a new study presented at the International Association for Dental Research in Miami, some of the popular sports drinks contain high levels of acid that can lead to tooth erosion, hypersensitivity, and staining. Researchers from the New York University report that the drink may also...
- Denture Creams Can Cause Nerve Damage
A number of recent reports show that overuse of denture creams and other products leads to nerve damage. The major reason behind this damage is zinc poisoning from the products. Zinc is an important mineral required by the body, but the amount of zinc is usually balanced with that of copper. People...
- Tips for Bad Breath
- Dr. George Robert Lundstrom D.D.S.209 North 9th Ave. Albert Lea MN 56007
- Dr. Nicole Marie Napier D.D.S.141 E William St Albert Lea MN 56007
- Dr. Stephen Nicholas Schwartz DDS223 E William St Albert Lea MN 56007
- Mr. Albert David Flor DDS141 East William Street Albert Lea MN 56007
- Craig A Hoffman D.D.S.146 W Clark St Albert Lea MN 56007
- Dr. Rachel Anne Poppel DDS2717 EKKO AVE ALBERT LEA MN 56007