Petek Donmez, MD, has a private practice in Rockville, Maryland. Dr. Donmez is a pulmonology specialist, dealing with diseases of the respiratory tract. After completing medical school in Turkey and graduating in 1994, she came to Maryland to start her practice. When Dr. Donmez is not at her practice, she can be found working at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville and Suburban Hospital in nearby Bethesda, MD.
Education and Training
American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- Published articles
What do you attribute your success to?
Passion, Patients, Passion for the Medical Field
Hobbies / Sports
- Exercising, Kickboxing, Tennis, Basketball, Movies, Classical Music, Reading
Petek Donmez's Practice location
Rockville, Maryland 20852Get Direction
Petek Donmez's reviewsWrite Review
- Rapid Shallow Breathing (Tachypnea): Causes and Treatments
What is rapid shallow breathing?Rapid, shallow breathing, also medically called as tachypnea, is a term used to describe a breathing that is too fast, particularly when people have it due to a lung disease or other health conditions. Sometimes, rapid, shallow breathing and hyperventilation...
- Do I Need a Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) Supplement?
Coenzyme Q10 or Co Q10 is a nutrient that is present in many foods and also occurs naturally in the body. This nutrient has antioxidant properties and plays an important role in protecting the cells from oxidative damage. Most people have adequate amounts of this nutrient in the body. But the levels...
- The Signs of Strep Throat
What is strep throat?Strep throat is the most common form of bacterial infection of the throat and tonsils, resulting in inflammation and irritation. Strep throat is caused by different types of streptococcus bacteria. The severity of the condition differs from one type of bacteria to another. Not...
- Running Barefoot Has More Benefits
Running barefoot may be more beneficial than running with cushioned shoes, according to a study published in, Nature. Runners using cushioned shoes usually land on their heels when those running barefoot may land flat-foot or on the balls of their feet, say researchers. According to Daniel...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Hepatitis A?
Hepatitis A is a liver disease caused by a virus of the same name. Hepatitis A is one of the different types of virus that affects the liver and results in inflammation. The disease may be mild to severe, affecting the functioning of the liver. In mild cases, no special treatment is required and the...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- Dr. John Mamana M.D.12040 S LAKES DR RESTON VA 20191
- Dr. Alan R. Vinitsky M.D2301 Research Blvd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Girma K. Tefera MD2946 SLEEPY HOLLOW RD FALLS CHURCH VA 22044
- Dr. Shayma al-Mudhafar M.D.3400 PAYNE ST FALLS CHURCH VA 22041