Petek Donmez, MD, has a private practice in Rockville, Maryland. Dr. Donmez is a pulmonology specialist, dealing with diseases of the respiratory tract. After completing medical school in Turkey and graduating in 1994, she came to Maryland to start her practice. When Dr. Donmez is not at her practice, she can be found working at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital in Rockville and Suburban Hospital in nearby Bethesda, MD.
Education and Training
American Board of Internal Medicine - Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- Published articles
What do you attribute your success to?
Passion, Patients, Passion for the Medical Field
Hobbies / Sports
- Exercising, Kickboxing, Tennis, Basketball, Movies, Classical Music, Reading
- Shady Grove Adventist Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
Petek Donmez's Practice location
Rockville, Maryland 20852Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Petek Donmez | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Petek Donmez's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Can Your Diet Affect Your Sleep?
Foods that you should eat to ensure a good night's sleep:...
- What Is Hib Meningitis?
Hib meningitis is an infectious disease that is life-threatening. The disease is characterized by inflammation of the surrounding layers of the spinal cord and the brain. The meninges are layers that assist in protecting the brain from infection and injury. Children who are below 4 years old are the...
- What Is Chronic Sinusitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
IntroductionChronic sinusitis is the inflammation of the sinuses that tend to persist for 12 weeks or more, despite treatment attempts. Another term for chronic sinusitis is chronic rhinosinusitis, which causes mucus buildup due to an impaired drainage of the sinuses. People with chronic sinusitis...
- Light Drinking May Not Harm Babies
New research shows that a pregnant mother drinking up to two glasses of alcohol may not harm the children. About 11,500 mothers and their children participated in this study. Researchers collected data regarding the drinking habits of the mothers when the kids were about 9 months old. When the...
- Dr. John Mamana M.D.1420 Beverly Road McLean Virginia 22101
- Dr. Alan R. Vinitsky M.D2301 Research Blvd Rockville MD 20850
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Dr. Anubhav Mital M.D.1010 Cereal Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45103
- Dr. Shayma al-Mudhafar M.D.6319 Castle Place Falls Church Virginia 22044
- Quang Ngoc Tu4426 Winding Oak Drive Olney Maryland 20832