Dr. Karen Avanesov is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Brooklyn , NY. Dr. Avanesov specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Avanesov tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute of Technology 2004
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine 2004
National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners
Licensed in New York and Kentucky; Board Certified 2013
Dr. Karen Avanesov, DO's Expert Contributions
Make an appointment to see an orthopedic specialist. READ MORE
MRI lower back READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director Orthopedic Spine Surgery Nassau University Medical Center 2010 - 2017
- Back Pain
- Pinched Nerve
- Herniated Disc
- North Shore Peninsula Hospital Consortium (Orthopedic Surgery)
- North Shore Peninsula Hospital Consortium
- Leatherman Spine Institute (Orthopedic Spine Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, American Osteopathic Association
Articles and Publications
- Published and presented in the fields of orthopaedics, tumor and spinal surgery
Dr. Karen Avanesov, DO's Practice location
Brooklyn , NY 11235Get Direction
Massapequa, New York 11758Get Direction
LOUISVILLE, KY 40202Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Karen Avanesov, DO | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Karen Avanesov, DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Avanesov
- Reasons Why You Need Spinal Stenosis Surgery
Spinal stenosis is a situation where the vertebrae in the spine come close together and lie on one or more of the spinal nerves which come from the spinal cord. When this occurs, the individual may experience various symptoms such as:Numbness and a tingling sensationThe spinal nerves emerge from the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Knee Replacement Surgery
What is knee replacement surgery?Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is used to repair damaged knees. Replacement for your knee parts can help relieve pain and also make the knee joint active. For total knee replacement surgery, the doctor will remove the damaged cartilage and bone, and...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Bursitis?
Bursitis is a condition that affects many people around the globe who have no idea what is causing them pain or end up misjudging what might be wrong with their body tissues. Others might have a general idea of what bursitis is but cannot tell when they are suffering from it. This is because they...
- Recovery from Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually done to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This ligament is one of the most important parts of the hand. It holds the bones and muscles of your hand together, which means that once it is severed, then your hand loses a very important part, and regaining its previous...
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz M.D.79 Hudson St Hoboken NJ 07030
- Dr. Ron Noy M.D.424 Madison Avenue New York New York 10017
- Paul M. Brisson51 East 25th Street New York New York 10016
- Dr. Steven Arsht M.D.10 Union Square- East New York NY 10003
- Dr. Deepan N. Patel MD631 Grand Street Jersey City NJ 07304
- Dr. David T. Neuman M.D.8340 Woodhaven Blvd Queens Glendale NY 11385