Dr. Lucien Alexandre, MD, PhD
Doctor | Interventional Pain Medicine4350 Sheridan St 102 Hollywood FL, 33180
Dr. Lucien Alexandre practices Pain Medicine in Hollywood, FL. Pain medicine is concerned with the prevention of pain, and the evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients experiencing pain. Pain medicine physicians use a broad-based approach to treat all pain disorders, ranging from pain as a symptom of disease to pain as the primary disease. Dr. Alexandre serves as a consultant to other physicians but is often the principal treating physician, providing care at various levels; such as treating the patient directly, prescribing medication, prescribing rehabilitative services, performing pain relieving procedures, counseling patients and families, directing a multidisciplinary team, coordinating care with other healthcare providers, and providing consultative services.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Med MD, PhD 2011
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Pain Medicine (Psychiatry and Neurology)
Areas of expertise and specialization
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Academy of Neurology
- American society of pain and neuroscience
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Kyphoplasty, vertebroplasty, spinal cord stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, minimally invasive spine (MILD, Vertiflex, Minuteman)
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Harvard Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Pain and Neuroscience, American Academy of Pain Medicine, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, North American Neuromodulation Society, Boston Pain Society
Articles and Publications
- Radiofrequency Ablation of the Splanchnic Nerve and Superior Hypogastric Plexus for Chronic Abdominal Pain Status Post-Abdominal Surgery.Nazir Noor, Ivan Urits, Omar Viswanath, Lucien Alexandre, Alan D. KayeCureus 2020 Dec 20Mandibular Nerve Block for Long-Term Pain Relief in a Case of Refractory Burning Mouth Syndrome.Kassem H, Alexandre L, Urits I, Kaye AD, Viswanath OPain and therapy 2020-02-12Are steroids a beneficial adjunctive therapy in the immunosuppressed patient with herpes simplex virus encephalitisKarlo J. Lizarraga, Lucien C. Alexandre, Ciro Ramos-Estebanez, Amedeo MerendaCase Reports in Neurology 2013 Mar 21Nerve injury during the transpsoas approach for lumbar fusion.Houten, J. K., Alexandre, L. C., Nasser, R., Wollowick, A. L.J Neurosurg Spine 2011 Sep Impairment of developmental stem cell-mediated striatal neurogenesis and pluripotency genes in a knock-in model of Huntington's disease.Molero, A. E., Gokhan, S., Gonzalez, S., Feig, J. L., Alexandre, L. C., Mehler, M. F.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2009 Dec 22 Electron microscopic immunocytochemical detection of PSD-95, PSD-93, SAP-102, and SAP-97 at postsynaptic, presynaptic, and nonsynaptic sites of adult and neonatal rat visual cortexChiye Aoki, Ilona J. Miko, Hysell V. Oviedo, Tamara Mikeladze-Dvali, Lucien Alexandre, Neal T. SweenSynapse 2001 Jun 15Journal Articles Spinal Cord Stimulaiton in the Treatment of Neuropathic Pain Associated with Syrinx Developed after Cervical Epidural Steroid Injection.Sakellariou A, Alexandre L, Gill J, Simopoulous T., PMCR - 2020Books/Book ChaptersThe Massachusetts General Hospital Handbook of Pain ManagementChapter: Emergencies in Pain MedicinePage 568 - 577Lucien C. Alexandre and Christopher GilliganEditors: Gary J. Brenner, MD, PhD and James P. Rathmell, MD.Publisher: Wolters KluwerPhiladelphiaEdition 4th2021Development of isolated femoral neuropathy following cryoablation of genitofemoral nerve in a patient with chronic genitofemoral neuralgia.Kassem H, Schwartz R, Alexandre L.ASRA, New Orleans, LA - 2019 Utilization of mandibular nerve block for long-term pain relief in a case of refractory burning mouth syndrome.Kassem H, Schwartz R, Peck J, Alexandre L.44 Th Annual Reg. Anesth. & Acute Pain Med., Las Vegas, NV - 2019 Inter-strain Variability in Susceptibility to Persistent Pain After Nerve Injuries in Mus Musculus.Alexandre L, Keeler B, Zhuang Z, Levitt R.American Academy of Pain Medicine, National Harbor, MD. - 2015 Long Term Follow-up of Patients with Symptomatic Synovial Cysts. 75% Treated with Percutaneous Rupture do not Require Surgical Treatment.Miller T, Steinberger J, Alexandre L, Burns J, BrookAmerican Society Spine Radiology, Miami Beach, FL - 2014 End of critical period is concurrent with the reduction of NR2B subunit from synapses.Erisir A, Alexandre L.Society for Neuroscience, New Orleans, LA - 2000Synaptic, membranous and cytoplasmic localization of PSD-95: EM-immunocytochemical detection within intact developing cortical neuropil.Aoki, C., Oviedo, H., Alexandre, L., and Bredt, DS.Society for Neuroscience, Miami Beach, FL - 1999Subcellular localization of SAP97, PSD-95, PSD-93 and a novel PSD-95 binding protein, 47k, at synaptic and nonsynaptic sites in intact visual cortex: an EM-immuno-cytochemical study.Aoki C, Shusterman Z, Kasat M, Bak M, Alexandre L, and Bredt DS.Society for Neuroscience, Los Angeles, CA - 1998
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
- Kayaking, learning languages
Favorite professional publications
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Lucien Alexandre, MD, PhD's Practice location
Hollywood, FL 33180Get Direction
Dr. Lucien Alexandre, MD, PhD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Alexandre
- What is Binge Eating Disorder (BED)?
Binge Eating Disorder, which is abbreviated as BED is an eating condition which is marked with recurring periods of quickly eating too much food, thus making one feel uncomfortable. A person with this condition lacks self-control during the binge episodes and afterwards feels ashamed, distressed and...
- What Is Visceral Fat?
You probably want to lose visceral fat for improved health. Visceral fat is the fat located deep inside the abdomen. It has several components, which include fat in the intestines (mesenteric fat), around the kidneys (intrarenal fat), and some bits of fat near the uterus or testes. Unlike other...
- Folic Acid Benefits: Foods High in Folic Acid
Folic acid is required for proper cellular regeneration and growth. Moreover, folic acid helps in a number of essential functions in the body such as the biosynthesis of nucleotides in cells, repair and synthesis of DNA, the production of RBCs, and the prevention of anemia.It also encourages the...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. Jessica Arias Garau M.D.4725 N FEDERAL HWY FORT LAUDERDALE FL 33308
- Dr. Sergio Lenchig M.D.1930 Ne 47th Street Fort Lauderdale FL 33308
- Dr. Jarrod Friedman MD3000 Bayview Dr Fort Lauderdale FL 33306
- Dr. David Zylberger MD1301 Concord Terrace Sunrise FL 33323
- Dr. Ivan Antonevich MD1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Padmaja Yatham M.D.7000 SW 97TH AVE STE 214 MIAMI FL 33173