Dr. Stanley J. Berke M.D.
Ophthalmologist901 Stewart Avenue Suite 255 Garden City New York, 11530
Stanley Berke, MD, FACS, FAAO, works at Ophthalmic Consultant of Long Island in New York. Dr. Berke is a Founding Partner in Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island; which consists of 26 doctors representing most specialties of ophthalmology in 9 locations throughout Long Island. With 25 years of experience as an Ophthalmologist, specializing in Cataract and Glaucoma Surgery, Dr. Berke has been honored with the Physician Recognition Award by the American Medical Association from 1992-present and was named one of the Best Doctors in New York Magazine and Newsday.
Education and Training
State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1981
American Board of Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Treatment of a cyclodialysis cleft by means of ophthalmic laser microendoscope endophotocoagulation.
- Blurring after iridotomy.
- Patients' and physicians' perceptions of the travoprost dosing aid: an open-label, multicenter study of adherence with prostaglandin analogue therapy for open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
- Endoscopic cyclophotocoagulation combined with phacoemulsification versus phacoemulsification alone in medically controlled glaucoma.
- Bilateral secondary angle-closure glaucoma as a complication of anticoagulation in a nanophthalmic patient.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Professor at Hofstra North Shore-LIJ School of Medicine -
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Physician Recognition Award by the American Medical Association from 1992-Present
- One of the Best Doctors Award in New York Magazine and Newsday
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Fellow American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Mass Eye And Ear Infirmary, Ophthalmology; Nassau Co Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Lenox Hill Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Nassau University Medical Center
- Stony Brook University Medical Center and Affiliated Hospitals
- Lenox Hill Hospital 1981
- Nassau University Medical Center 1982
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Nassau County Medical Center
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Boston MA
- Mass Eye & Ear Infirmary, Glaucoma 1985
- Lenox Hill Hospital
- Harvard Medical School-Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Professional Society Memberships
- American Glaucoma Society, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Articles and Publications
- 50+ Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
He attributes his success to good training and good surgical skills.
Favorite Place to Vacation
- not telling
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Biking, and Hiking
Favorite professional publications
- Glaucoma Today
Dr. Stanley J. Berke M.D.'s Practice location
Garden City, New York 11530Get Direction
WESTBURY, NY 11590Get Direction
Lynbrook, NY 11563Get Direction
Dr. Stanley J. Berke M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Berke
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Signs and Symptoms of Conjunctivitis
There are many causes of conjunctivitis such as:...
- Vision Problems in Children
A child’s eyesight develops over time, starting with the ability to see objects 8 to 10 inches from their face. The child's eyesight improves gradually between the ages of 12-weeks-old to 16-weeks-old, to which they are able to see objects from farther away. Vision problems in children arise...
- Dr. Jeremy Cotliar M.D.130 Fort Washington Ave New York NY 10032
- Dr. Tod Haller MD1650 SELWYN AVE BRONX NY 10457
- Dr. Jacqueline Dauhajre MD9033 Elmhurst Ave Jackson Heights NY 11372
- Dr. Richard Najac MD16110 UNION TPKE FLUSHING NY 11366
- Dr. Jonathan Kagan MD940 Park Ave New York NY 10028
- Dr. Ted T. Du M.D.6118 Cloverdale Blvd Oakland Gardens NY 11364