Dr. Shani L. Katz, D.O.
Orthopedist21097 North East 27th Court Suite 350 Aventura Florida, 33180
Dr. Shani Katz is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Aventura, Florida. Dr. Katz specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Katz tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Poster Presentations for the American Orthopaedic Association -
Dr. Shani L. Katz, D.O.'s Practice location
Aventura, Florida 33180Get Direction
Aventura, FL 33180Get Direction
BOYNTON BEACH, FL 33437Get Direction
Dr. Shani L. Katz, D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Katz
- When to Be Concerned About Sternum Pain
IntroductionThe sternum, also called as the breastbone, is a flat bone situated at the center of the chest. It connects to the ribs through cartilages and forms the front of the rib cage, which helps protect the lungs, heart, and major blood vessels from injuries. Since the sternum is near to the...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- Recovery from Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually done to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This ligament is one of the most important parts of the hand. It holds the bones and muscles of your hand together, which means that once it is severed, then your hand loses a very important part, and regaining its previous...
- Dr. Richard E. Grant MD9526 NE 2nd Ave Miami FL 33138
- Dr. Michael A. Rivera DPM3659 South Miami Avenue Miami Florida 33133
- Dr. Eric David Schiffman M.D.1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Kenneth Hodor M.D.20295 NE 29TH PL AVENTURA FL 33180
- Dr. Victor H. Hernandez M.D., MSC1400 Nw 12th Avenue Miami Florida 33136
- Dr. Jay G. Stein M.D., P.A.209 Northeast 95th Street Miami Shores Florida 33138