Dr. Raja Chatterji MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)1555 Barrington Road Suite 2300A Hoffman Estates Illinois, 60169
I started my practice in 1995. I have one Associate. We specialize in treating urinary incontinence and prolapse surgery. I have also been doing robotic surgery for the past four years and periodically trained new surgeons in using the robot. We also perform a lot of laparoscopy and minimally invasive surgery. We also practice general Obstetrics and Gynecology. I believe in patient centered health care and involving my patients in all of there health care decisions.
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Current Chief of Joint Practice Committee at Sherman Hospital -
- 1993 Resident Teaching Award- LSU
- 1997 Service Award for the Community- Catholic Charities
- 1991-2001 Chief of OBGYN- St. Jospehs Hospital
- 2007-2009 Chief of OBGYN- Sherman Hospital
- 2008 Highest Quality of Care and Outcome-Sherman Hospital
- 2009 Service Award-OBGYN Dept.
- 2010 Highest Patient Satisfaction Score- Press Gainey
- 2007-Present Chief of OBGYN- Sherman Hospital
- Davinci Robotic Surgery, Gynecological Problems, Laparoscopic Hysterectomy And More
- Member International Association of HealthCare Professionals
- Urinary Incontinence, Pelvic organ prolapse, General Obstetrics and Gynecology
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Kane County Medical Society
Articles and Publications
- He periodicaly speaks to physicians and patients about urinary incontinence, robotic surgery, and other topics on women's health.
What do you attribute your success to?
Patient Oriented Healthcare, always improving my skill set and my commitment to continuing education.
Areas of research
Adhesion prevention and surgery
Hewould eventually like to spend a few months a year in a third world country treating patients for urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse since they lack surgeons who specialize in this procedure and these patients suffer silently for years.
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Tennis, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- OBGYN Management, Contemporary OBGYN
Areas of research
Adhesion prevention and surgery
Dr. Raja Chatterji MD's Practice location
Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60169Get Direction
ALGONQUIN, IL 60102Get Direction
Dr. Raja Chatterji MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Chatterji
- What is Weight Loss Surgery?
Surgical options that help to limit the intake of food or absorption of nutrients resulting in the loss of weight are known as weight loss surgeries. Also referred to as bariatric surgery, this option is often recommended for those who have severe obesity. This option has been in practice for many...
- Is Ovarian Cancer Hereditary?
All women in the world are at some risk of getting ovarian cancer. Some of them are at greater risk because there are many risk factors, including the family history factor, which can cause the disease to be passed from one female family member to another. If a mother is diagnosed with ovarian...
- Newer Birth Control Pills May Help to Lower the Risk of Ovarian Cancer
For a long time, it was feared that birth control pills would increase the chance of getting diseases such as ovarian cancer. However, multiple studies have surfaced, showing that women who use birth control pills actually have a lower risk of getting ovarian cancer. ...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Am I Pregnant?
Did you miss or have a delayed period? One of the most significant and common symptoms of pregnancy is missed periods. The most reliable way to tell whether you are pregnant or not is the pregnancy test. In addition, there are many other symptoms experienced during the early stages of pregnancy.The...
- Can Melatonin Keep Breast Cancer at Bay and Improve Treatment?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women. Today, this type of cancer generally has a good prognosis: around 80% of women have a survival rate of 10 years or longer. This is partially due to the chemotherapeutic agent known as tamoxifen. ...
- Dr. Radha Burtch M.D.31 Croydon Ln Oak Brook Illinois 60523
- Daniel J. Pesavento27790 W. Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010
- Dr. Kornelia E. Krol MD6438 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60646
- Dr. Eiman H. El-Tag M.D.825 Bermuda Dunes Place Northbrook Illinois 60062
- Dr. Jeanne Blair Novas MD600 Hart Rd Barrington Illinois 60010
- Dr. Mari Ann Herbert DO700 PASQUINELLI DR WESTMONT IL 60559