Sean McMillan, DO, works at Lourdes Medical Associates Professional Orthopaedics in New Jersey. Being an expert in Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Joint Replacement; with specific interest and education on hip, shoulder and knee arthroscopy, as well as open shoulder surgery such as shoulder replacements, Dr. McMillan has led a successful career since his graduation in 2005. Dr. McMillan went through extensive schooling, and in turn volunteers UMDNJ Residents and has authored many chapters in medical text books on his field of study.For his astounding achievements he was awarded by the New York Osteopathic Orthopedic Research Foundation theOutstanding Orthopedic Resident Scholarship for his research in both the elbow and the meniscus of the knee.
Education and Training
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Sean McMillan DO's Expert Contributions
Hello, Audible sound was going up and down the stairs without pain is something that may be an early sign of arthritis but is typically manage just with strengthening. Once the pain starts to interfere with your life there are many options to treat this in a nonsurgical way. We always resort to surgery as a last options. Oftentimes a simple injection can get u back up and running for 6 months to a year. We are happy to help you here at Lourdes 856-796-9393. READ MORE
The days of saying that a patient has to be a certain "age" to get a total knee replacement are rapidly evaporating. In my office, we evaluate you as an individual. We take into account the x-rays and the signs of arthritis, but just as importantly I as want to know how you knee is impacting you. Are you a laborer who cannot work because of the knee? can you not play your sport of hobby or garden because of your knee? Do you resist simple pleasures such as going to the mall or walking the boardwalk in the summer because of your knee. Those answers, coupled with the presentation of appropriate radiographic findings will guide us to whether it is time to consider the replacement. I believe we all deserve a quality of life and enjoyment and that should not be pushed off for an arbitrary "age" READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief of Surgery Our Lady of Lourdes: Burlington Campus 2016 - 2017
- Chief of Orthopedics Our Lady of Lourdes: Burlington and Camden Campus 2014 - 2017
- Associate clinical professor of surgery Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine 2016 - 2017
- North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System through Peninsula Hospital Consortium
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Robins Nest Center for Women and Children
- School of Osteopathic Medicine of University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- University of Massachusetts
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, American Osteopathic Association
Articles and Publications
- Co-Authored Several Text Book Chapters- On Sports Related Injuries of the Hip
Hobbies / Sports
- Music and Playing Guitar
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center
Dr. Sean McMillan DO's Practice location
Burlington, New Jersey 08016Get Direction
BURLINGTON, NJ 08016Get Direction
Far Rockaway, NY 11691Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sean McMillan DO | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sean McMillan DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. McMillan
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- How Can I Manage Tendinitis?
How Can I Manage Tendinitis?Tendinitis, the inflammation of the tendon, can cause acute pain and tenderness just outside the affected joints. It commonly affects shoulders, elbows, wrists, and heels. The affected region may have stiffness that restricts movement. It is also characterized by mild...
- What Is Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Total knee arthroplasty (TKA), also known as total knee replacement, is a surgical procedure in which parts of the knee joint are replaced with artificial parts or prostheses.A normal knee usually functions as the hinge joint located between the lower leg bones (tibia) and the upper leg bone...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- When to Be Concerned About Sternum Pain
IntroductionThe sternum, also called as the breastbone, is a flat bone situated at the center of the chest. It connects to the ribs through cartilages and forms the front of the rib cage, which helps protect the lungs, heart, and major blood vessels from injuries. Since the sternum is near to the...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. Gregg G. Martyak M.D.2925 Professional Pl Colorado Springs Colorado 80904
- Dr. Susan P Harding MD215 N. Main Street Cape May Court House NJ 08210
- Dr. Richard E. Grant MD5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141
- Richard A. Balderston800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107
- Dr. Sandro LaRocca M.D.3131 Princeton Pike, Building 6, Suite 106 Lawrenceville NJ 08648
- Dr. Alexander A. Sapega MD1288 Route 73 South Mt. Laurel New Jersey 8054