Sean McMillan, DO, works at Lourdes Medical Associates Professional Orthopaedics in New Jersey. Being an expert in Orthopedic Surgery, Sports Medicine, and Joint Replacement; with specific interest and education on hip, shoulder and knee arthroscopy, as well as open shoulder surgery such as shoulder replacements, Dr. McMillan has led a successful career since his graduation in 2005. Dr. McMillan went through extensive schooling, and in turn volunteers UMDNJ Residents and has authored many chapters in medical text books on his field of study. For his astounding achievements he was awarded by the New York Osteopathic Orthopedic Research Foundation the Outstanding Orthopedic Resident Scholarship for his research in both the elbow and the meniscus of the knee.
Dr. Sean McMillan DO's Videos
Education and Training
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Sean McMillan DO's Expert Contributions
Hello, Audible sound was going up and down the stairs without pain is something that may be an early sign of arthritis but is typically manage just with strengthening. Once the pain starts to interfere with your life there are many options to treat this in a nonsurgical way. We always resort to surgery as a last options. Oftentimes a simple injection can get u back up and running for 6 months to a year. We are happy to help you here at Lourdes 856-796-9393. READ MORE
The days of saying that a patient has to be a certain "age" to get a total knee replacement are rapidly evaporating. In my office, we evaluate you as an individual. We take into account the x-rays and the signs of arthritis, but just as importantly I as want to know how you knee is impacting you. Are you a laborer who cannot work because of the knee? can you not play your sport of hobby or garden because of your knee? Do you resist simple pleasures such as going to the mall or walking the boardwalk in the summer because of your knee. Those answers, coupled with the presentation of appropriate radiographic findings will guide us to whether it is time to consider the replacement. I believe we all deserve a quality of life and enjoyment and that should not be pushed off for an arbitrary "age" READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief of Surgery Our Lady of Lourdes: Burlington Campus 2016 - 2017
- Chief of Orthopedics Our Lady of Lourdes: Burlington and Camden Campus 2014 - 2017
- Associate clinical professor of surgery Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine 2016 - 2017
- North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System through Peninsula Hospital Consortium
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- Robins Nest Center for Women and Children
- School of Osteopathic Medicine of University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- University of Massachusetts
Professional Society Memberships
- American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, American Osteopathic Association
Articles and Publications
- Co-Authored Several Text Book Chapters- On Sports Related Injuries of the Hip
Hobbies / Sports
- Music and Playing Guitar
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Sports Medicine
Dr. Sean McMillan DO's Practice location
Burlington, New Jersey 08016Get Direction
BURLINGTON, NJ 08016Get Direction
Far Rockaway, NY 11691Get Direction
Dr. Sean McMillan DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. McMillan
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- How Long Does a Knee Replacement Last?
A knee replacement surgery provides relief for approximately 90 percent of people who are suffering from pain due to knee problems. Most knee replacement procedures are done for the treatment of osteoarthritis. With proper care, your knee implant can last for as long as 20 years. The technology...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- What Is a Charley Horse?
What is a charley horse?A charley horse is a term used when referring to a muscle cramp or spasm. Although muscle cramps can occur in any muscle in the body, they are commonly experienced in the leg. In a muscle spasm, the muscle uncontrollably contracts and does not relax. When the contracting...
- Why Does Fibromyalgia Affect More Women?
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder, which involves widespread pain in the muscles and bones along with chronic fatigue and cognitive difficulties. This medical condition is often misdiagnosed because its symptoms are subjective without a clear known cause. A few of the classic...
- Will I Need Surgery If I Have Tennis Elbow?
Will I need surgery if I have Tennis Elbow?Tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis, is a condition that causes pain in the elbow, and it mainly results from overusing the elbow. The condition mainly affects tennis players but it can also affect other athletes and sporting enthusiasts. It...
- Dr. Gregg G. Martyak M.D.1015 WALNUT ST STE 801 PHILADELPHIA PA 19107
- Dr. Susan P Harding MD216 N Broad St Philadelphia PA 19102
- Dr. Sandro LaRocca M.D.3131 Princeton Pike, Building 6, Suite 106 Lawrenceville NJ 08648
- Dr. Richard E. Grant MD5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141
- Richard A. Balderston800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107
- Dr. Alexander A. Sapega MD1288 Route 73 South Mt. Laurel New Jersey 8054