Dr. M. Ramay is a psychiatrist practicing in Paramus, New Jersey. Dr. Ramay is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Ramay diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Ramay may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Ramay treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Quidi Azam Medical School
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Chief Psychiatrist, Bergen Regional Medical Center, 2006-Present -
- Associate Professor, Ross University School of Medicine -
- Associate Professor at St. George University School of Medicine -
- Speaks on behalf of Pharmaceutical Companies -
- Recognition of Excellence in Teaching Clinical & Academic Psychiatry, 2003
- Recognition of Outstanding Teaching in Geriatric Psychiatry, 2001
- Recognition of Excellence in Teaching Clinical & Academic Psychiatry, 1996
- University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Bergen Regional Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- New Jersey Psychiatric Association, American Psychiatric Association, North Jersey Psychiatric Association, NJ Peer Review Committee
Articles and Publications
- Psychopharmacology Research Studies
What do you attribute your success to?
His Experience Teaching, Researching and Clinical Skills
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Reading, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Clinical Psychiatry, Medical Psychiatric News, Blue APA Journal
- Hackensack University Medical Center
- St. Joseph's Medical Center
- New York Baptist Israel Medical Center
M. Hanif Ramay's Practice location
Request An Appointment With M. Hanif Ramay | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
M. Hanif Ramay's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an Auditory Hallucination?
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound in the absence of an external stimulus. You basically hear voices talking to you or other noises or music, which others around you do not hear. It is a very common symptom among schizophrenics. As a percentage, about 70 percent of schizophrenic...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Why Do Hallucinations Happen?
IntroductionHallucinations are sensations that people perceive as real, but in reality, are only created by their mind. A person's five senses are often affected. Examples are hearing voices without anyone around or seeing images that are not real. Such symptoms are may due to mental illnesses, drug...
- Can ADHD Be Treated Only with Medication?
Medication alone isn’t enough. Medication for ADHD is not all about seeking the services of a doctor or physician. You need to design mechanisms you can use to tackle the challenges associated with ADHD so that you can lead a more peaceful and productive life. With the most reliable tips, you can...
- Dr. Helena Jasna Kukla MD120 North Main Street New City New York 10956
- Barbara Bartlick865 West End Avenue New York NY 10025
- Dr. Elena Bruck M.D.80 Fifth Avenue New York NY 10011
- Dr. Wei Wang M.D.35 W. Hudson Avenue Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Carly Snyder201 East 87th street New York NY 10128
- Maia Mamamtavrishvili15900 Riverside Drive West New York New York 10032