Dr. Gena Ghearing is a psychologist practicing in Iowa City, Iowa. Dr. Ghearing specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Ghearing evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Ghearing because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Gena R. Ghearing M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
New York Medical College
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Neurology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Neurology, Epilepsy Division - University of Pittsburgh -
- Mayo Clinic Rochester (Neurology, Epilepsy in progress)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Clinical Neurophysiology, American Epilepsy Society, American Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- 3 Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Colleagues, Mentors she has had and her Patients
Dr. Gena R. Ghearing M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, Iowa 52242Get Direction
Rochester, MN 55905Get Direction
Dr. Gena R. Ghearing M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ghearing
- Actor with Autism Guest Stars on "The Good Doctor"
Many are watching ABC's new hit "The Good Doctor," which portrays a doctor who has autism spectrum disorder. While the show itself is bringing a lot of awareness into what it's like to have autism, it is making even further progress by having excellent actor, Coby Bird, on the show, who actually has...
- How Are Family Members Affected by Eating Disorders?
People suffering from eating disorders go through intense pain and suffering. But they don’t go through this alone. Family member and friends also go through the pain. It is usually tough on someone to watch a loved one destroy themselves slowly when there is little they can do to help without...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Autism
Introduction From the perspective of an outsider, it is very difficult to understand what it is to have autism. This misunderstanding, unfortunately, can result in a lot of misconceptions and stereotypes about people with autism. Below are certain misconceptions, which people usually have in...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- Different Meanings of Asexual
Asexual definitionsWhat is asexual? Asexual exists when a person is not feeling sexual attraction to anyone or is having low or no interest in sexual activity. In the modern world, it is a little bit hard to understand this because we are forced to see sexuality everywhere and the general rule is...
- Top 5 Signs You Might Be a Narcissist
A person may not even be aware of the fact that he is suffering from narcissism as it is extremely difficult to identify with very few symptoms. Such symptoms may only be identified by a trained therapist. A person suffering from narcissism should always consult a therapist to control his...
- Christina E. Girlando PSY.D.1303 5TH ST CORALVILLE IA 52241
- Dr. Eric John Waldron PH.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- John David Bayless PHD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Frank Sutton Gersh PH.D.1027 Rochester Ave Iowa City IA 52245
- Dr. Elizabeth Marie Rose PHD LP310 E Burlington St Iowa City IA 52240
- Wayne Bowers PHD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242